Why EnergyGuard™ Polyiso Roof Insulation?
EnergyGuard™ Polyiso Insulation board is made of glass fiber-reinforced cellulosic felt facers bonded to a core of isocyanurate foam.
- Excellent “LTTR” value compared to any other FM Class I rated products of equivalent thickness.
- FM approved, subject to the conditions of approval as a roof insulation when installed as shown in the current edition of the Factory Mutual Research Approvals Guide. FM Approved — consult RoofNav.com for specific assemblies.
- Lighter than most other insulating products offering comparable thermal resistance; as much as five times lighter in weight than many other materials with the same R-value.
- Excellent dimensional stability.
- Lower overall perm rating than many conventional insulation boards.
- High moisture resistance and no capillarity; is stable and maintains its physical and insulating characteristics.
- Because of its light weight, this material is easier to handle on the job site and installs faster.
- Easier cutting in the field provides the installer with simplified fabricating on the roof deck, which minimizes on-the-job damage.
EnergyGuard™ Polyiso Roof Insulation is designed for use over structural roof decks where R-values of 5.7 or higher are required, along with comprehensive UL and FM approvals. When properly installed, it is suitable for use under built-up, modified bitumen, and most single-ply roofing systems.
Refer to the application specifications in the current membrane manufacturer’s application and specifications manual for proper installation procedures.
For additional information, contact GAF Technical Services at 1-800-ROOF-411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.