By creating a barrier at the most vulnerable areas of your shingle or metal roof (at the eaves and rakes, in valleys, around chimneys, etc.), StormGuard® Film-Surfaced Leak Barrier will help prevent leaks due to water backing up in your gutters, wind-driven rain, and, in the North, damaging ice dams. It will also help protect your home from expensive wall and ceiling staining from leaks. StormGuard® Film-Surfaced Leak Barrier is a key part of the GAF Lifetime Roofing System2 and has earned the Good Housekeeping Seal5 (U.S. only). It is eligible for a Lifetime ltd. warranty when used on Lifetime Shingle roofs,2 a 25-year ltd. warranty when used on non-Lifetime Shingle roofs,2 and a 10-year ltd. warranty3 when used with other approved non-asphaltic roofing systems.1
- Code Compliance and Risk Reduction: Protection against ice dams is required by most building codes4 at eaves wherever the January average temperature is 25°F (-4°C) or lower or where there is a possibility of ice forming in the eaves — i.e., the area labeled “North”. † Also, in some jurisdictions, full-deck coverage of leak barrier is required.4 †
- Great Look: Fiberglass reinforcement helps resist wrinkling and buckling.
- Dependable: Self-seals around nails or metal roofing fasteners to help avoid leaks.
- Saves Labor: Split-back release film peels off in layers for fast installation.
- Convenient: 2.0 square (200 ft.2 [18.58 m2]) roll size.
- Versatile: High-temperature compound is perfect for use under asphalt shingles and most metal roofing systems.1
1The high-temperature compound is suitable for most metal roofing system applications. For use under copper and zinc or for information on other approved non-asphaltic roofing systems, contact GAF Technical Services at 1-800-ROOF-411.
2See GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions. The word “Lifetime” refers to the length of coverage provided by the GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty and means as long as the original individual owner(s) of a single-family detached residence [or the second owner(s) in certain circumstances] owns the property where the shingles are installed. For owners/structures not meeting the above criteria, Lifetime coverage is not applicable. Lifetime ltd. warranty on accessories requires the use of at least three qualifying GAF accessories and the use of Lifetime Shingles.
3See StormGuard® Film-Surfaced Leak Barrier Ltd. Warranty for Non-Asphaltic Roofing Systems for complete coverage and restrictions.
4Check local building codes for specifications in your area.
5StormGuard® Leak Barrier has earned the Good Housekeeping Seal (applicable in U.S. only).