Why EverGuard® TPO 45-mil Fleece-Back Membrane?
The factory-applied polyester fleece provides additional protection to the membrane including no need for a slip sheet when re-covering over a variety of roofs and enhanced puncture resistance, especially in areas more prone to hail. Efficiency increases 2–3 times when installing fleece-back with GAF 2-Part Roofing Adhesive (compared to standard TPO adhesives). Those benefits along with heat-welded seams, high reflectivity, and how simple it is to repair and install make it the right choice for your job.
EverGuard® TPO outperforms its competitors in heat-aging and UV tests—the best predictors of TPO performance.
After accelerated heat aging at 275°F (135°C) for 105 days, an independent study proved EverGuard® 60-mil TPO showed no cracking—while almost every one of the competitors’ samples failed! View the key findings and full study here. Guarantees are available up to 20 years when using EverGuard® TPO 45 mil Fleece-Back Membrane.1 The large welding window makes it easy to install and it is complemented by the most complete line of accessories.
Benefits of EverGuard® TPO 45-mil Fleece-Back Membrane include:
- Great Value: Superior performance at a cost-effective price.
- Excellent Seam Strength: Heat-welded seams provide greater seam strength to taped and other seams.
- Long-term Weathering: Excellent long-term heat and UV resistance.
- Energy Saving: Highly reflective and emissive white roof can help reduce energy costs and urban heat island effect.
- CREST Energy Savings Calculator: See your potential savings at cool.gaf.com.
- NSF/ANSI 347: Providing architects and contractors with a certified sustainable option for single-ply roofing membranes.
- UL Landfill Waste Diversion Validation: Zero Waste to Landfill (Mt. Vernon TPO Plant).
- HPDs: Only single-ply roofing manufacturer that publishes Health Product Declarations (HPDs) for transparent reporting and LEED® v4 compliance.
- EPDs: Publishes Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) for single-ply roofing membranes.
EverGuard® TPO 45-mil Fleece-Back Membrane is suitable for several types of single-ply systems:
- Mechanically Attached Application: For a quick and cost-effective system that can be installed practically year-round.
- Adhered Application: When installed with EverGuard® WB181 Bonding Adhesive (water based), it provides excellent wind uplift performance and qualifies for the longest guarantee available for this product.1 EverGuard® WB181 Bonding Adhesive does not produce an odor and can be used during installations on occupied buildings such as hospitals.
- LRF Adhesive O: Two-part low-rise polyurethane foam adhesive that is low VOC and accommodates minor surface irregularities. Available in a cartridge or 5-gallon (18.9 liter) container.
- LRF Adhesive M: Two-part low-rise polyurethane foam adhesive that is low VOC and accommodates minor surface irregularities. Can also be used for ISO insulation applications. Available in a cartridge or 5-gallon (18.9 liter) container.
- 2-Part Roofing Adhesive: Self-contained low-rise foam dispensing kit, offering 20 squares per kit so there are fewer changeovers.
- Cost effective since you don't need spray equipment and reduce your downtime/maintenance worries.
- Can also be used for insulation applications.
- Qualifies for the longest guarantees available for this product1 and is low VOC compliant.
- GAF 2-Part Roofing Adhesives can also be used as insulation adhesives.
- It also offers an added benefit because of its spatter pattern, which results in complete coverage for the membrane.
Field fabrication of TPO accessories is time-consuming, costly, and inconsistent – and it can lead to unreliable details that compromise a watertight roofing system. EverGuard® TPO pre-fabricated accessories deliver consistent quality and eliminate the worry and problems often associated with field fabrication. They can also boost productivity up to 200%,2 while reducing installed cost by up to 12%.
1See applicable guarantee for complete coverage and restrictions.
2Based on GAF estimate to field-fabricate flashing details.