- GAF recently moved from their Wayne, NJ, offices to a new corporate headquarters at 1 Campus Drive in Parsippany, NJ. The 128‐year‐old company spent approximately 40 years occupying 11 buildings on the Wayne campus and made the move in early 2015 to consolidate operations into a 377,000‐square‐foot‐state‐of‐the‐art facility on a 40‐acre campus.
- To achieve this designation, also known as the IPpc98 credit, building owners must assess and successfully plan for a wide range of natural disasters such as flooding, tornados, high winds, and earthquakes. There are several aspects of the GAF building design that led to this designation, including flood preparation and backup capabilities that allow GAF to continue operations and customer service in the face of disaster and long‐term outages. In addition, the roof is rated above local code requirements, and is topped with EverGuard Extreme® TPO and EnergyGuard™ Polyiso.
- Since GAF is a roofing manufacturer, they wanted the best‐performing commercial roof available. It includes GAF’s RUBEROID® HW 25 Smooth Membrane as a vapor retarder, EnergyGuard™ Polyiso Insulation and EnergyGuard™ HD Cover Board
- It also includes GAF’s best‐performing single‐ply membrane, EverGuard Extreme® Fleece‐back TPO Membrane.
- GAF 2‐Part Roofing Adhesive was used to fully adhere EverGuard Extreme® Fleece‐back TPO to provide superior wind uplift performance. When using EverGuard Extreme® Fleece‐back TPO Membrane with GAF 2‐Part Roofing Adhesive (compared to EverGuard Extreme® Smooth TPO Membrane), the fleece on the back of the membrane provides an added cushioning layer, especially important for hail‐prone areas.