Starter strips are one of the most overlooked parts of a quality roofing system! That’s because some roofing contractors try to use a cut-up 3-tab strip shingle as the “starter” course on your roof. Unfortunately, cut-up shingles may not have properly positioned adhesive to help reduce the risk of shingle blow-off. QuickStart® Peel & Stick Starter Roll is designed for fast and easy installation. High-quality, properly aligned adhesive tightly locks the shingles in place and helps prevent shingle blow-off.
- Potential Increased Wind Coverage: GAF offers increased wind coverage on many GAF Shingles when you use GAF starter strips with factory-applied adhesive and follow special installation requirements.1
- Looks Better: Straighter roof edges and no messy black cement dripping onto your new white edge metal.
- Helps Prevent Shingle Blow-Off: Factory-applied Dura Grip™ Adhesive helps to tightly lock your shingles in place.
- Peace of Mind: Eligible for up to a Lifetime ltd. warranty when installed on Lifetime Shingle roofs.1
- Fast Installation: Peel-and-stick roll eliminates cutting and fastening starter strips on the roof.
- Versatile: Can be used with a wide variety of asphalt shingles having exposure of 6” (152 mm) or less.
1See GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions. The word “Lifetime” refers to the length of coverage provided by the GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty and means as long as the original individual owner(s) of a single-family detached residence [or the second owner(s) in certain circumstances] owns the property where the shingles are installed. For owners/structures not meeting the above criteria, Lifetime coverage is not applicable. Lifetime ltd. warranty on accessories requires the use of at least three qualifying GAF accessories and the use of Lifetime Shingles.