Why EverGuard Extreme® TPO 50-mil Fleece-Back?
The performance beyond a 60-mil standard TPO in a 50-mil product with a polyester fleece for additional protection.
An independent TPO study proved:
EverGuard Extreme® TPO is the best performing TPO in accelerated aging. After accelerated heat aging at 275°F (135°C) for 190 days, EverGuard Extreme® TPO showed no cracking — while every one of the competitors’ samples failed. View the key findings and full study here.
Factory-applied polyester fleece provides additional protection to the membrane and means you won’t need a slip sheet when re-covering over a variety of roofs. The fleece back also provides enhanced puncture resistance, especially in areas more prone to hail. It increases installation efficiency 2–3 times when installing fleece-back TPO with GAF 2-Part Roofing Adhesive (compared to standard TPO adhesives) and gives you the performance beyond a 60-mil standard TPO in a 50-mil product. Guarantees are available up to 25 years1 and it’s easier to install due to the large welding window.
Benefits of EverGuard Extreme® 50-mil Fleece-back TPO include:
- Great Value: Superior performance at a cost-effective price.
- Excellent Seam Strength: Heat-welded seams provide greater seam strength to taped and other seam.
- Long-term Weathering: Excellent long-term heat and UV resistance.
- Energy Saving: Highly reflective and emissive white roof can help reduce energy costs and urban heat island effect.
- CREST Energy Savings Calculator: See your potential savings at cool.gaf.com.
- NSF/ANSI 347: Providing architects and contractors with a certified sustainable option for single-ply roofing membranes.
- UL Landfill Waste Diversion Validation: Zero Waste to Landfill (Mt. Vernon TPO Plant).
- HPDs: Only single-ply roofing manufacturer that publishes Health Product Declarations (HPDs) for transparent reporting and LEED® v4 compliance.
- EPDs: Publishes Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) for Single-Ply Roofing Membranes.
- NSF P151: Certification of Rainwater Catchment System Components.
EverGuard Extreme® 50-mil Fleece-Back TPO can be installed with a wide range of applications:
- Mechanically Attached Application: A quick and cost-effective system that can be installed practically year-round.
- Adhered Application: Can be installed with EverGuard® WB181 Bonding Adhesive (water based) or hot asphalt for the smoothest appearance. Provides superior wind uplift performance.
- LRF-O Adhesive: Two-part low-rise polyurethane foam adhesive that is low VOC and accommodates minor surface irregularities. Available in a cartridge or 5-gallon (18.9 liter) container.
- LRF-M Adhesive: Two-part low-rise polyurethane foam adhesive that is low VOC and accommodates minor surface irregularities. Can also be used for ISO insulation applications. Available in a cartridge or 5-gallon (18.9 liter) container.
- 2-Part Roofing Adhesive: Self-contained low-rise foam dispensing kit offering 20 squares per kit so there are fewer changeovers. Cost effective since you don’t need spray equipment and no downtime/maintenance worries. Can also be used for ISO insulation applications.
Field fabrication of TPO accessories is time-consuming, costly, and inconsistent – and it can lead to unreliable details that compromise a watertight roofing system. EverGuard Extreme® TPO pre-fabricated accessories deliver consistent quality and eliminate the worry and problems often associated with field fabrication. They can also boost productivity up to 200%,2 while reducing installed cost by up to 12%.
1See applicable guarantee for complete coverage and restrictions.
2Based on GAF estimate to field-fabricate flashing details.