Why United Coatings™ Kymax™ Coating?
United Coatings™ Kymax™ Coating is an excellent barrier to plasticizer migration and is effective in preventing asphalt bleed-through. It is recommended whenever exceptional weatherability and/or reflectivity are required, whether the threat is algae, mildew, dirt, or industrial fallout.
- Highly flexible yet exhibits a tough, enamel-like finish that resists abrasion, biological growth, dirt, oil, and all types of weather extremes
- Provides exceptional UV and color stability
- High reflectivity/emissivity; Kymax™ Coating is rated by the Cool Roof Rating Council
- Microbiological resistance; Kymax™ Coating was independently tested for fungal resistance test panels and showed no growth
- UL Listed as a Class “A” Fluid-Applied Coating System
- ENERGY STAR® certified (U.S. only)
- Rated by the Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC) for use in Title 24 projects
- Color and gloss stability; manufactured using Kynar Aquatec® resin, which is based on proven Kynar 500® technology (this PVDF homopolymer is universally known as the world’s most weatherable coating resin)
United Coatings™ Kymax™ Coating was specifically designed for application as a thin-build finish coat over acrylic top coats, such as United Coatings™ Roof Mate™ Top Coat, HydroStop® PremiumCoat® Finish Coat, United Coatings™ Diathon® Roof Coating, and United Coatings™ Acron 60 Roof Coating. Typical substrates include metal roofs, sprayed-in-place polyurethane foam, modified bitumen, BUR, PVC, KEE, TPO, Hypalon®, and EPDM.
*Kynar 500® and Kynar Aquatec® are registered trademarks of Arkema Inc.