This residential contractor is a GAF Factory-Certified Contractor. GAF trains and tests thousands of the best roofers in the country and makes sure they're appropriately licensed and insured so they can offer the best warranties.
"So far so good. No issues, no roof leak. Great company, finished my site in 3 months. Only problem is the referral system, i referred someone and the system was activated on jan 2022 im still waiting on my referral fee to be process.. 4 month waiting"
"There was some miscommunication at the beginning but they made sure everything is covered and provided full satisfaction. They seem really caring what customers are saying. I am excited to see the savings."
"I had my system installed in September 2021. When we had our first rainfall after the system was installed we discovered we had a leaking roof in 2 different areas. After repeated email and phone calls they finally came out and what I was assured fixed the problem. Well, the problem was not fixed and it took SEVERAL more weeks for the crew to come back out. When they came out to fix the leaking roof the first time, I was told the they had been doing this for 20+ years and this was only the second leaking roof they have had. They also started to suggest the problem was not caused by them and they were doing me a favor by coming back out. Now, on to the more concerning problem. It is starting to get hot and we are running our air conditioning more often and for longer periods of time. With the increased usage of the air-conditioning the SOLAR PANEL breaker box- not the original house panel- is tripping almost daily. It appears they have overloaded one of the breakers. I have 47 panels in total, when the solar panel breaker trips I lose power to 19 panels. It has been almost 2 weeks since I have reported this problem, and not one person has contacted me. I HAVE CALLED and spoken to several different people who tell me the same thing...... someone will call you back today or tomorrow....2+ weeks and I am still waiting. This is sad, I have a system that works half the time. The breaker for the solar panel gets extremely hot.... absolute fire danger. It seems Solar Optimum was very quick to do the install and take my money, but now that I have a few major issues they won't return my phone calls."
- "So far so good. No issues, no roof leak. Great company, finished my site in 3 months. Only problem is the referral system, i referred someone and the system was activated on jan 2022 im still waiting on my referral fee to be process.. 4 month waiting"
- "There was some miscommunication at the beginning but they made sure everything is covered and provided full satisfaction. They seem really caring what customers are saying. I am excited to see the savings."
- "I had my system installed in September 2021. When we had our first rainfall after the system was installed we discovered we had a leaking roof in 2 different areas. After repeated email and phone calls they finally came out and what I was assured fixed the problem. Well, the problem was not fixed and it took SEVERAL more weeks for the crew to come back out. When they came out to fix the leaking roof the first time, I was told the they had been doing this for 20+ years and this was only the second leaking roof they have had. They also started to suggest the problem was not caused by them and they were doing me a favor by coming back out. Now, on to the more concerning problem. It is starting to get hot and we are running our air conditioning more often and for longer periods of time. With the increased usage of the air-conditioning the SOLAR PANEL breaker box- not the original house panel- is tripping almost daily. It appears they have overloaded one of the breakers. I have 47 panels in total, when the solar panel breaker trips I lose power to 19 panels. It has been almost 2 weeks since I have reported this problem, and not one person has contacted me. I HAVE CALLED and spoken to several different people who tell me the same thing...... someone will call you back today or tomorrow....2+ weeks and I am still waiting. This is sad, I have a system that works half the time. The breaker for the solar panel gets extremely hot.... absolute fire danger. It seems Solar Optimum was very quick to do the install and take my money, but now that I have a few major issues they won't return my phone calls."
- "I had a great experience with Solar Optimum. I had more than 50 questions and they took the time to answer each one. Their staff is kind and responsive. The work was completed within weeks of city permit approval. The workmanship was top notch and they made the process as worry-free as it could be."
- "Solar Optimum stated out great but customer service is nonexistent. They don't return phone calls or emails. As far as I can tell Solar Optimum did all the paperwork but hasn't done any work on my house it was done by a subcontractor Martinez Electrical. They have been nothing but a problem."
- "This is a solid company. The sales is a little shaky but they are responsive. I was comparing 2 companies LA Solar and Solar Optimum and at 1st I was considering a Tesla Power Wall but found out they were 6 to 8 months back ordered. Solar Optimum's sales convince me to go with Enpase Encharge Battery and they sold me on my readily availability of the battery compared to the Tesla battery. I decided to go with Solar Optimum instead of LA Solar. The permitting process was pretty much straight forward and got the plans approved by the City quickly. This was where I hit a little road bump. The plans were approved in October 2021 and the Sales promised my the install would happen in 2021 but I was in for a little nasty surprise. The install coordinator called me and told me the install would not happen until April of 2022. I almost fell off my chair in disbelief. If I knew this I would have gone with the Tesla battery. I was supremely disappointed but the foundation was already laid and here I waited for their call. I was going to give Solar Optimum 3 stars but enter their install team Zack and Daniel. This is a no nonsense crew, they came in told me their plans but asked me for my opinion the entire way. We had plans but they said I needed to be happy with the install and continuously asked me for my input which I greatly appreciated. This means they cared about what I thought and wasn't there to slap the battery to the wall and call it a day. They hit a couple of road bumps with my existing system and Enpase itself but they kept calm and worked through the problems. Because of Zack and Daniel I gave Solar Optimum 5 stars instead of 3. Zack, Daniel this was not the easiest of system you installed but I appreciate your patience! Thank You!!"
- "I started researching solar and spoke to 3 other companies before selecting Solar Optimum. They were the most knowledgeable and carried only the top of the line with Panasonic panels and Enphase. Covid 19 slowed things down a bit on the permission to turn on our system but overall, great experience with the team at Solar Optimum."
- "We selected Solar Optimum to install our solar system and battery storage late November and we were glad we did. Great attention to detail, excellent service and best warranty on our new system. We've already referred two of our neighbors to Solar Optimum."
- "Please take your time and review the layout of the panels because the supposed experts from solar optimum installed a panel behind a vent even though there are plenty of space on the roof. I tried to reached out to see if they can move it but no response from the company. Don’t make the same mistake I did trusting that solar Optimum and their design expert."
- "Really easy to work with. Bryce made it super simple for me."
- "We had a very positive experience with Solar Optimum. They worked with us as we clarified our design (and extra add-ons: yes to a battery, first yes and then no to an electric car charger), installed our solar panels in a timely manner, and provided great service throughout. We got a Tesla Powerwall from them and it was only a 2 month wait from signing the contract to its installation (other installers were telling us they would take be more like 9-12 months, even direct from Tesla (who is actually notorious for moving extremely slowly for direct customers)). They also brought a generator with them for our fridge and wifi on the day they installed the panels and they had to disconnect the power for a few hours, which was a nice touch and really appreciated. They filed all the forms for approval from the county, PTO with PG&E, and SGIP funding as well. Their main office is in Glendale, CA and a lot of the clerical work is handled out of that larger office (I think the install was handled by their Bay Area satellite in Benicia). A very smooth process all around."
- "my experience with John Lane was nothing short of amazing! He was always available when I needed him for any questions I had and he was very accommodating and also super knowledgeable about what he was doing! I will definitely be referring him to family and friends!"
- "Solar Optimum is price competitive but what you get is a high quality solar system installed by a very professional crew and supported by knowledgeable and friendly staff. I did a lot of research on the type of solar panels and on installers. We interviewed three companies. One of the companies was decent but they only installed panels manufactured in China. The presentation by another company left a little to be desired. The third company was Solar Optimum. Their presentation was very informative, their recommendation was pretty much in line with what the other companies recommended (25 year warranty, panels producing around 375 watts of power each, the number of panels). They also recommended the very high quality Panasonic panels, which we had researched and knew to be one of the two best on the market in our price range. Their price was right in line with what the other companies would have charged us. Never having installed solar before, we had a lot of questions. S.O. continued to be responsive and flexible during the weeks-long process of determining exactly how many panels we wanted and where they would be installed. When it came time to sign the contract, everything was spelled out very clearly and the contract perfectly reflected what was agreed upon. The contract was signed electronically, meaning we could take our time to read and understand it, without anyone pressuring us to hurry up and sign. Once the contract was signed and the installation date set, a crew of very professional installers came to our house. They installed in a single day all of the 23 panels on the second-story roof. A few days later their electricians installed the electrical components on the side of our house, and connected the solar to our electrical panel. They even volunteered to paint the conduit the same color as the side of our house if we have extra paint in that color, which we did. Now that the panels are producing power, we can see that they are producing at the rate we had anticipated in the agreement. After the install was complete and we were connected to the grid, Solar Optimum has sent us a couple emails and called us on the phone to just make sure we don't have any outstanding issues or questions."
- "The company was prompt and friendly in their response to a request for quote. They explained the technology and options thoroughly. Their quote was clear and well presented...but their loan partner, Salal, is horrible. For their advertised 25 year loan at "2.99%" they charge 20% of the loan amount immediately and add it to the loan. That means you are actually paying about $15,000 in interest instead of the roughly $9,000 from just the 2.99%. That is completely gouging the customer. The only worse loan would be a payday loan or cash advance on a credit card. They do it this way so their "rate" appears to be much less than other solar loan companies. This is very deceptive and totally unethical. Since Solar Optimum knows they do this and still uses only them as their loan partner they are complicit in the scam and can't be trusted either. It may be legal because people sign contracts they don't understand but it is not something anyone with a sense of decency would accept."
- "I initially had a poor experience with excessive marketing messages in Energysage (I am deleting it now because it is no longer relevant), but after leaving a negative review I was very surprised to receive a direct phone call from Solar Optimum's VP of Marketing to understand better what happened, and to apologize for the issues. I definitely appreciated his concern to reach out personally, and to assure me that the issue had been resolved on their end. I was impressed at, and appreciative of, the response -- thank you, Rainier."
- "Thank you, Solar Optimum for being professional and helpful and honest with me. For those of you who aren't sure about Solar Optimum yet, I can tell you they are the BEST! I felt cared for and listened to throughout the whole experience with them. Every person I came in contact with was friendly and professional, and they did all the hard work for me in terms of figuring out permits and rebates in no time. I have had solar now for almost a full year and I am so happy I made that decision. I have not had any problems since my installation last year."
- "Ryan R was very knowledgeable and professional and available through the process to answer all of my questions. Because of social distancing, our first meeting was a virtual meeting and it was nice to be able to put a face to the person we were doing business with. After that, Ryan was available via phone or email or even zoom if we wanted too. Everything he told us about price, warranty, timeline and expectations was honest and straight-forward and we couldn't be happier with how our system turned out. Thank you for all your hard work, Ryan."
- "Both my wife and I drive Tesla vehicles and have thought about switching the rest of our appliances to electrical as well. We remodeled our home a bit before our baby was born and decided no better time to get solar as well. We met with Ivan who was an excellent source of information. He told us all about how he had gone solar and all the great benefits. He was very knowledgeable about the entire process. We were happy to have found a company that cared about our project as much as we did. I would recommend you to give Solar Optimum a call."
- "After talking to many companies it was easy to see why Solar Optimum was my end choice. While most the same parts were offered in every sitting, what clenched it for me was the amazing service that came with the system. Their warranties were easy to understand....25 years through and through...when I compared to the other choices I had and considered customer service as a factor it was clear who I wanted to go with. the team was great and was at my home installing for only a day. It all went smoothly and my house looked amazing when the job was done. I have since referred anyone I know going solar to give Solar Optimum a shot."
- "Solar Optimum installed our solar panels a couple of weeks ago and we are super happy with them. Even in the short time we've has the panels, they have already completely changed the game in terms of electricity costs. We can honestly say that getting solar panels is the best purchase we have ever made for our home. We loved working with Solar Optimum because they are professional, honest, and informative. We had no issues with them throughout the whole process and we will absolutely refer them to friends and family."
- "Mark is a true pro. He quickly gained my trust by being open and honest and always answering my questions. Another thing I really liked is how he never tried to push me into buying something I didn't need. All his recommendations were truly relevant for me, and I never felt any pressure. Instead, I got a great deal because their brands are the best in the country and they are known for their high quality. I highly recommend Solar Optimum! Give them a call if you want to save money on your utility bills."
Installation Excellence Award
This award is for contractors that consistently install with a very high level of quality and provide their customers the highest protection that GAF offers.
Training Excellence Award
This award is for contractors that are committed to training and continuous improvement.
Find Other Roofing Contractors Nearby
- Glendale Galleria Roofing
- Griffith Roofing
- Glassell Roofing
- Glassell Park Roofing
- Los Feliz Roofing
- Eagle Rock Roofing
- Glendale Roofing
- Vermont Roofing
- Hollywood Roofing
- Santa Western Roofing
- Echo Park Roofing
- Edendale Roofing
- Highland Park Roofing
- Starlight Hills Roofing
- Burbank Roofing
- Oakwood Roofing
- Lincoln Heights Roofing
- Lincoln Hts Roofing