Tar Heel Construction Group is a Harford County based general contractor focusing on roofing and exteriors. We are a BBB A+ accredited business and service customers in the Baltimore Metro areas. Consistent accountability, continued service, and high-quality results best describe our approach within the industry. Our mission is to establish and maintain a reputation that comes from being proud of who we are, the services and products we provide, while making a positive impact in the communities we serve; resulting in a superb customer experience. We are excited to be a part of a new generation of contractors that put integrity before profits.........always.
"I recently had my roof replaced by Tar Heel and was impressed with the overall sales to installation process. Brian, the sales person was very relatable. He didn't give us a high pressure sales pitch and took the time to explain the product and process. He even took the time to give referrals for other home improvement projects I need to have done. The installation team was very professional and did a great job cleaning up the work site. Even Scott stopped by to make sure the project was going well. I highly recommend their services."
"We experienced a water leak issue on one side of the house. Tar Heel was recommended. Speaking to Brian, he was familiar with our home construction and possible problems. They were able to explain and show the issues and provided a suggested repair. Very easy to deal with office staff and good communication. Crew arrived on time, was efficient, and cleaned up when complete. Tar Heel also evaluated a possible insurance claim and provide the information needed to make an informed decision. We were happy with the work and would recommend them to others."
"I wish there were 10 stars to rate them. Tar Heel did a great job replacing my roof and fixing a porch(rebuild). Brian, the sales representative answered ever call and text( there were a lot-I had a lot of questions)and was extremely polite, efficient and communicated well. Everyone was friendly and answered any question I had. All of the trades, roofers, carpenters, gutters and trim had Great workmanship. They were also very through in cleaning up after each part of the job. Can’t say enough good things about them!! Thank you- it is refreshing to know that there are still business like you that care about the customer!!!!"
- "I recently had my roof replaced by Tar Heel and was impressed with the overall sales to installation process. Brian, the sales person was very relatable. He didn't give us a high pressure sales pitch and took the time to explain the product and process. He even took the time to give referrals for other home improvement projects I need to have done. The installation team was very professional and did a great job cleaning up the work site. Even Scott stopped by to make sure the project was going well. I highly recommend their services."
- "We experienced a water leak issue on one side of the house. Tar Heel was recommended. Speaking to Brian, he was familiar with our home construction and possible problems. They were able to explain and show the issues and provided a suggested repair. Very easy to deal with office staff and good communication. Crew arrived on time, was efficient, and cleaned up when complete. Tar Heel also evaluated a possible insurance claim and provide the information needed to make an informed decision. We were happy with the work and would recommend them to others."
- "I wish there were 10 stars to rate them. Tar Heel did a great job replacing my roof and fixing a porch(rebuild). Brian, the sales representative answered ever call and text( there were a lot-I had a lot of questions)and was extremely polite, efficient and communicated well. Everyone was friendly and answered any question I had. All of the trades, roofers, carpenters, gutters and trim had Great workmanship. They were also very through in cleaning up after each part of the job. Can’t say enough good things about them!! Thank you- it is refreshing to know that there are still business like you that care about the customer!!!!"
- "After meeting with 5 contractors to obtain proposals for roof replacement, I decided on Tar Heel Construction Group for the following reasons: (1) quick response to my questions, (2) friendly advice on improving the overall appearance of the job, (3) excellent product knowledge, (4) factory certification, (5) fully insured, (6) excellent BBB rating and (8) competitive price. After installation, I recommend Tar Heel Construction Group for the following reasons: (1) project started/finished on time - as scheduled, (2) roofing crew possessed years of experience working together, (3) project was well coordinated, (4) clean-up was thorough and (5) appearance of new roof is fantastic. I would like to mention that Scott, Elder and Walter demonstrated courteous customer service on behalf of Tar Heel construction. However, Brian was especially helpful by providing great recommendations and suggestions prior to the start of the project. Brian led the effort from beginning to end and provided great communication and continuity with the rest of the Tar Heel Team. Great Job!"
- "These folks are amazing to work with! They do a wonderful job at a very fair price! Everyone you speak with is very personable and willing to listen and answer all your questions. In my opinion these guys are the best of the best! I have recommended them to my parents and even to my clients. That is the amount of faith that I have in them to get the job done properly! Don't hesitate and don't look any place else if you want a job well done, absolutely no mess left behind and in a proper time frame."
- "I needed a good roofing company to inspect my roof because of some storm damage. I called Tar Heel along with 4 other companies. Dalton was the salesman that came to my house to do the inspection. I told him that I had some minor leakage in the interior of my home as well but nothing major. He went up on my roof (only one other company did) and inspected and measured my roof. He offered to go into my attic to inspect it as well. No one else did this. That same day Dalton sent me a estimate and called me for any questions that I may have. After contacting my insurance co, I made an appointment to come to my home. Dalton offered to be here for that appointment and go over the details with my appraiser. Dalton handled most of the paperwork with my insurance co. and did all of the follow up. Within a week, I had a new roof done in one day. On the day of the job, I met the owner who came by to let me know what to expect during the process. The crew was well organize and did the entire job from 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM. (2800 sq.ft.) The following day, A rep. came by and checked everything out and did some minor additional clean up. The office staff was also very helpful with scheduling and billing. Dalton came by the next day as well to make sure that I was pleased with everything. Great Company with a professional crew and staff. Dalton made the entire experience painless. Out of the five roofing companies that I had here, no one was as concerned about my needs as Dalton was."
- "I can’t be more happy! From start to finish This job was done Top Notch. The team was amazing and worked hard all day to get the job done. They had one person cleaning up the entire day and they even came back a few days later when the snow melted to make sure my property was cleaned up well. I will absolutely use Tar Heel again for other projects! Thank you again, AWESOME Company 👍🏼"
- "Great company! They did a fantastic job on our new roof and I would use them again in a heartbeat. Brian was so informative and helpful from the very beginning! I had a hard time deciding but they answered all my questions and concerns with such professionalism that it was an easy choice to go with Tar Heel! The crew was very nice and did an amazing job cleaning up afterwards. Very quick and proficient! My brother used them too and had a wonderful experience."
- "This Company was fantastic. I meet up with Brian who assets my roof and sat down and went over all my options. Handed me a folder with every detail of this company, product used. Very professional. Brian personality and kindness made me choose this Company plus a family member had them do their roof too and was very pleased.Project Manager Jamie and his crew were fantastic with all they had to do. Hard workers a nd worked long days. They cleaned up very well and was so pleased with my new roof. Roofers are very hard workers!!!!"
- "Everyone at Tar Heel has been wonderful: Mike, Scott, Ryan, Joe, Jaime, just to name a few! Worked with me on price, construction completed as promised, attention to detail phenomenal, diligent, talented, respectful work crews! Appreciate the clean up and follow up inspection to ensure that the completed job has met or exceeded company expectations. Customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to Tar Heel, and if you expect quality workmanship and materials at fair prices, Tar Heel delivers! I highly recommend them for roofing and siding projects!! Thanks to all for a job well done! Absolutely love it!"
- "I have used Tar Heel for all my gutter and roof needs. They came out and repaired my rubber roof. I didn’t need to be there for the inspection nor for the installation. They provided detailed photos of the job along the way and communicated any issues they came across. They also put gutters on my home but wanted to get them on before a big storm was set to hit MD. I was out of town and Joe said, “no problem, when you get back if there’s any issues we’ll fix them.” There were not any issues. Joe and his team also repaired a leak around my chimney after two other companies had attempted and failed to find a solution. Tar Heel had it resolved in two hours start to finish. Tough to find an honest and high quality contractor theses days. Tar Heel is my go to for roofing and gutters."
- "No pushy BS sales tactics. The whole team is professional whether it be sales, the administrative team in the office, or the installation crew. Most important, the workmanship is top notch. The site lead Jaime was professional, arrived early, and went out of his way to make my roof replacement easy."
- "The entire team at Tar Heel was fantastic to work with! Our initial estimate was scheduled quickly and after our meeting we were confident we made the right choice. Installation was made on time and the team made sure everything was done correctly, timely and professionally. I highly recommend Tar Heel for your next home improvement project."
- "Tar Heel was very professional and responsive from start to finish on our roof replacement. When we contacted them, Brian got right back to us and set up a time for a free inspection. Showed up bright and early on a cold Monday morning and did a thorough inspection, left us samples and brochures to look over and sent a couple of draft contracts with different options same day. After reviewing and signing a contract, he set up a tentative date and when the day arrived the crew showed up promptly at sunrise and worked non-stop until sunset. Very professional, no messing around. Cleaned up the site perfectly and moved stuff back into place. Being a first time roof replacement for me, I had questions and Brian always addressed them quickly. Our roof looks great! I would whole heartedly recommend them for your roofing repair/replacement needs."
- "My appointment with Brian from Tar Heel was very professional & he took the time to answer all my questions & explained & showed examples for the entire roof installation process. Everything was professional, all workers were very hardworking, very neat appearance, polite, covered everything around house with large tarps, and cleaned up everything to the point that one would not even know all the work that had been done. Tar Heel is a 1st class business and I would rate them 5/5 & A+"
- "I recently used Tar Heel construction to replace my entire roof. What I experienced was excellent customer service, high quality work, and a beautiful new roof! Brian was extremely personable and knowledgeable. He answered all of my many questions and put my mind at ease. After our initial meeting I felt extremely comfortable choosing Tar Heel to do the job. The whole process from start to finish was smooth and easy. The roofing crew showed up on time and worked quickly and efficiently. After the job was complete Ryan came by to make sure everything was cleaned up properly. The office staff was friendly and helpful as well. I am extremely happy with my experience and the finished product . If you are looking for a professional, well run company that uses high quality products and provides skilled workmanship I highly recommend Tar heel construction for your roofing or siding project."
- "From the time of the estimate through completion of the project, the team of Tar Heel Construction was amazing. Brian was exceptional with his assessment of the work and did a complete inspection of the roof. Brian is the reason chose Tar Heel. Jaime was the lead foremen and was here both days during the install to ensure the team had everything they needed. Both Brian and Jamie were attentive, always available and ensured that the project was done professionally and timely. A roof replacement can be a messy business, but our house looks beautiful and the clean-up exceptional. I highly recommend this team of professionals. Thank you for a job well done. Ray and Fran"
- "We would highly recommend Tar Heel Construction Group! We had just purchased our first home and were nervous about selecting the right contractor to replace the old roof. Brian completely put us at ease! He was easy to work with, kept us informed throughout the project and was extremely knowledgeable...he made us feel like we were his only clients! Honestly, all of the interactions with the team at Tar Heel were great, from the demo/installation crew to the office staff. Our project consisted of having the roof re-sheeted/re-shingled, a ridge vent installed, 2 bathrooms vent kits installed and the attic insulated. The crew showed up on time and completed everything (including cleanup) the same day. They were friendly and extremely hard-working. When we're ready for new siding or windows we know we'll be calling Tar Heel!"
- "First and foremost Brian was extremely up front and honest right from the get go. We bought our house a year ago and have been having constant issues with leaks. I had several roofing companies provide estimates and while Tar Heel was not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for, and I was confident that they were the only company to accurately diagnose the source of my issues. As other reviews have stated they were on time and did an excellent job cleaning up after the job was completed. Additionally, I have dealt with several contractors and the service aspect from Tar Heel was exceptional. I had a question during the installation and I received an immediate response from both Brian and the Project Manager. I really cannot express enough how great it was to be able to call with questions and get immediate and honest answers. We have had two straight days of heavy rain and wind and not a leak in sight. Bottom line, this company does high quality work and makes every effort to insure your roof will meet a proper life expectancy without any issues."
- "Tar Heel did a fantastic job installing our new roof. They were right on time, took the old roof off and installed the new one in one day. The clean up was great, you would never know they were ever here. The new roof look great. Many thank to Brian and Scott for their professionalism, help and knowledge. I have already recommended them to a neighbor. Thanks for a great job!"
Awards & Certifications
This contractor specializes in installing Asphaltic roofing systems.
This contractor specializes in installing coatings systems.
This contractor specializes in installing Single-Ply roofing systems.
Find Other Roofing Contractors Near Me
- Bel Air Roofing Contractors
- Benson Roofing Contractors
- Forest Hill Roofing Contractors
- Fallston Roofing Contractors
- Abingdon Roofing Contractors
- Churchville Roofing Contractors
- Fork Roofing Contractors
- Belcamp Roofing Contractors
- Riverside Roofing Contractors
- Bradshaw Roofing Contractors
- Kingsville Roofing Contractors
- Joppa Roofing Contractors
- Joppatown Roofing Contractors
- Joppatowne Roofing Contractors
- Hydes Roofing Contractors
- Upper Falls Roofing Contractors
- Edgewood Roofing Contractors
- Baldwin Roofing Contractors