Polyiso Roof Insulation
• Ideal for projects that require higher R-value and a stable substrate
• Provides an economical solution — high insulation value for your dollar
• Pre-consumer ranges from 3% – 9% and post-consumer ranges from 10% – 33% depending on thickness. Total Recycled Content ranges from 14%–45%
• Available in thicknesses ranging from 1.0" to 4.6" (24.5 mm to 116 mm)
• Suitable for buildings with high humidity and roofs that are exposed to excessive moisture, including fitness centers, hospitals, and data centers
• Coated glass-fiber facer reduces potential for mold growth compared to paper-faced boards*
• Offers an alternative to a paper facer; coated glass-fiber facer reduces adhesive absorption and helps to improve nail pull strength
• Available in thicknesses ranging from 0.5" to 4.6" (12.7 mm to 116 mm)
* GAF warranties and guarantees do not provide coverage against mold or other biological growth. Refer to gaf.com for more information on warranty= and guarantee coverage and restrictions.
• EnergyGuardTM NH Barrier Polyiso is the first non-halogenated polyiso board that achieves up to an ANSI/UL 790 Class A roofing fire rating over a wood deck with just 1" (24.5 mm) of insulation
• EnergyGuardTM Barrier Polyiso achieves up to an ANSI/UL 790 Class A roofing fire rating over a wood deck with just 0.5" (12.7 mm) of insulation
• Consists of a coated glass-fiber facer that reduces the potential for mold growth, as compared to paper-faced boards*
• Available in thicknesses ranging from 0.5 – 4.6" (12.7 mm – 116 mm) for Barrier Polyiso and 1" – 4.6" (24.5 mm – 116 mm) for NH Barrier Polyiso
*GAF warranties and guarantees do not provide coverage against mold or other biological growth. Refer to gaf.com for more information on warranty and guarantee coverage and restrictions.
• Ideal for low-slope roofs with high foot traffic or that are prone to hail events;*also suitable for metal retro-fit applications
• Offers R-value of 2.5, higher than any non-polyiso type of cover board
• Coated glass-fiber weave provides increased moisture resistance
• Available in 0.5" (12.7 mm) thickness
*GAF warranties and guarantees do not provide coverage against traffic (except where GAF walkways are applied) or hail (unless additional puncture coverage is purchased on eligible jobs). Refer to gaf.com for more information on warranty and guarantee coverage and restrictions.
• Ideal for practically any low-slope roofing application, including built-up, modified bitumen, and single-ply roofing systems
• Unique and innovative chemical composition of non- halogenated flame retardants helps in attaining green building certifications• EnergyGuardTM NH Polyiso and EnergyGuardTM NH Ultra Polyiso both provide the highest R-value per inch compared to non-polyiso types of insulation of equivalent thickness.
• Ideal for use over structural roof decks to divert water to drains
• Extended panel design uses up to approx. 30% less applied polyiso, which translates into up to approx. 30% less material handled and 30% less adhesive — resulting in less labor for you!*• Available in glass fiber-reinforced cellulosic felt facer (Tapered & NH Tapered) and a coated glass facer (Ultra Tapered & NH Ultra Tapered)
*Savings dependent on roof size/design and cost of material/labor.
Helpful Articles and Resources
GAF’s Spec Advisor for Green Building Rating System
PIMA State Energy Code Fact Sheets
PIMA Technical Bulletins
U.S. Department of Energy - State Energy Code Adoption
USGBC - U.S. Green Building Council
IIBEC: International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants
PIMA Blog: Polyiso News, Trends and more