Pre-cut eave/rake starter strips are one of the most overlooked parts of a roofing system! That’s because some roofing contractors try to use a cut-up 3-tab strip shingle as the “starter” course on your roof. Unfortunately, these cut-up shingles may not have properly positioned adhesive to help reduce the risk of shingle blow-off. Pro-Start® Eave/Rake Starter Strips are made with a high-quality, properly positioned adhesive applied at the factory to help prevent shingle blow-off. Plus, installers like that they’re easy to use with no cutting on the roof, while homeowners feel good about the fact that they create less waste.
- Looks Better: Straighter roof edges and no messy black cement dripping onto your new white edge metal.
- Best Performance: Factory-applied Dura Grip™ Adhesive helps to lock down the roof edges at the eaves and rakes.
- Peace of Mind: Eligible for a Lifetime ltd. warranty when installed on Lifetime Shingle roofs.1
- Excellent Warranties: GAF offers increased wind coverage on many GAF Shingles when you use GAF starter strips with factory-applied sealant and follow special installation requirements.1
- Convenient: At least 50% more coverage per bundle (versus typical 3-tab shingles) means less to carry and handle on the roof.
- Efficient: Perforated designed eliminates cutting on the roof.
- Environmentally Friendly: Reduces landfill waste by eliminating shingle scraps.
1See GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions. The word “Lifetime” refers to the length of coverage provided by the GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty and means as long as the original individual owner(s) of a single-family detached residence [or the second owner(s) in certain circumstances] owns the property where the shingles are installed. For owners/structures not meeting the above criteria, Lifetime coverage is not applicable. Lifetime ltd. warranty on accessories requires the use of at least three qualifying GAF accessories and the use of Lifetime Shingles.