Timberline® ArmorShield™ II
POTENTIAL INSURANCE SAVINGS
Timberline® ArmorShield™ II House Photos
The GAF Lifetime Roofing System
Advice From Our Expert
Find a GAF Master Elite® Roofing Contractor
Timberline® ArmorShield™ II SBS Modified IR Shingles combine all the beauty of Timberline® Shingles with UL 2218 Class 4 impact resistance. Their beauty is unlike any other, thanks to our proprietary shadow bands. Each shadow band is applied using a sophisticated, computer-controlled “feathering” technique. When combined with our randomly blended top layer, it results in a shingle with exceptional depth and dimension—and a striking look unmatched by any other brand.
But don’t just take our word for it. When you compare Timberline® ArmorShield™ II SBS Modified IR Shingles to typical architectural shingles, it’s easy to see why they’ll look sharper and more beautiful on your roof—while enhancing the resale value of your home.
- Potential Insurance Savings: Passes the UL 2218 Class 4 Impact-Resistance Test, and may qualify for insurance discounts.1
- Excellent Wind Performance: Meets Class F wind rating from Underwriters Laboratories — the highest wind rating possible. Dura Grip™ Adhesive seals each shingle tightly and reduces the risk of shingle blow-off. Shingles warranted to withstand maximum wind gusts of up to 130 mph (209 km/h)!2
- High Performance: Designed with Advanced Protection® Shingle Technology, which reduces the use of natural resources while providing excellent protection for your home.
- StainGuard® Protection: Helps ensure the beauty of your roof against unsightly blue-green algae.3
- Peace Of Mind: Lifetime ltd. transferable warranty with Smart Choice® Protection (non-prorated material and installation labor coverage) for the first ten years.4
- Ridge Cap Shingles: Use our Seal-A-Ridge® ArmorShield™ SBS Modified IR Ridge Cap Shingles. They’re a unique color match to GAF ArmorShield™ Series Shingles.
1Insurance discounts may not be available in your area. Where available, insurance discounts may vary. Contact your insurance provider for information.
2This wind speed coverage requires special installation; see GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for details.
3StainGuard® algae protection and 10-year limited warranty against blue-green algae discoloration available only on shingles sold in packages bearing the StainGuard® logo. See GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions.
4See GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions. The word “Lifetime” refers to the length of coverage provided by the GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty and means as long as the original individual owner(s) of a single-family detached residence [or the second owner(s) in certain circumstances] owns the property where the shingles are installed. For owners/structures not meeting the above criteria, Lifetime coverage is not applicable.
Protect Your Investment
Find out about product warranties and options that may help protect your most valuable assets.
- All-American Pledge™ Roof Guarantee
- Lifetime Roofing System
- Lifetime Ltd. Warranty
- Silver Pledge™
- System Plus
- GAF Smart Choice® Shingle International
- Golden Pledge®
|Dimensions (SP)||13 1/4” x 39 3/8” (336.55 mm x 1 m)|
|Bundle Coverage||3 bundles per square|
|Approx. Nails/Sq||256 nails/sq. (1 square = 100 sq. ft. (9.3 m²)|
|Exposure||5 5/8'' (144 mm)|
|Material||Fiberglass Asphalt Construction|
|Wind Warranty||130 mph|
|FBC||State of Florida approved|
|Impact Resist. Listings||Yes|
|TDI||Texas Department of Insurance listed|
|ASTM D3018||Type 1|
|ASTM D3161||Class F|
|ASTM D7158||Class H|
|UL 790||Class A|
|UL 2218||Class 4|
|Approx. Pieces/Sq||64 pieces/sq. (1 square = 100 sq. ft. (9.3 m²)|
|Approx. Bundles/Sq||3 bundles/sq. (1 square = 100 sq. ft. (9.3 m²)|