- Better-Looking Roof: Resists wrinkling and buckling that can “telegraph” through your roof shingles and detract from its finished appearance.
- Safer for Installers: Specially designed surface helps provide excellent walk-ability for installers versus conventional felts or typical synthetic underlayments.
- Stronger: Synthetic, non-woven construction provides at least 600% (i.e. 7 times) greater tear strength than standard #30 felt.4
- Durable Construction: Non-asphaltic, polypropylene construction will not rot or become brittle - unlike conventional felts, which can disintegrate over time.
- Flexible Application: Recommended for use with asphaltic shingle roof systems. May also be used with non-asphaltic systems, such as slate, wood, metal, or tile.5
- UV Stabilized Polypropylene Construction: Resists UV degradation for up to 180 days.6
Note: Always use plastic cap nails or staples with plastic caps to install Tiger Paw™ Roof Deck Protection.1As per GAF ASTM D570-modified testing.
2See GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions. The word “Lifetime” refers to the length of coverage provided by the GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty and means as long as the original individual owner(s) of a single-family detached residence [or the second owner(s) in certain circumstances] owns the property where the shingles are installed. For owners/structures not meeting the above criteria, Lifetime coverage is not applicable. Lifetime ltd. warranty on accessories requires the use of at least three qualifying GAF accessories and the use of Lifetime Shingles.
3Tiger-Paw™ Roof Deck Protection has earned the Good Housekeeping Seal (applicable in U.S. only).
4GAF trapezoidal tear strength testing per ASTM D4533.
5Contact GAF Technical Services at 1-800-ROOF-411 for acceptable non-asphaltic roofing systems and limited warranty coverage.
6180-day UV resistance refers to standardized testing conducted to ensure the product will not physically degrade when exposed to UV. It is NOT related to withstanding water, snow, or wind. While Tiger Paw™ Roof Deck Protection is water resistant, it is NOT WATERPROOF. DO NOT USE Tiger Paw™ Roof Deck Protection as a temporary roof to protect property or possessions.