By creating a barrier at the most vulnerable areas of your roof (at the eaves and rakes, in valleys, around chimneys, etc.), WeatherWatch® Leak Barrier will help prevent leaks due to water backing up in your gutters, wind-driven rain, and, in the North, damaging ice dams. It will also protect your home from expensive wall and ceiling staining from leaks. WeatherWatch® Leak Barrier is a key part of the GAF Lifetime Roofing System and has earned the Good Housekeeping Seal1 (applicable in the U.S. only). Eligible for a Lifetime ltd. warranty when used on Lifetime Shingle Roofs and eligible for a 25-year ltd. warranty when used on non-Lifetime Shingle roofs.2
- Code Compliance and Risk Reduction: Protection against ice dams is required by most building codes3 at eaves wherever the January average temperature is 25°F (3.8°C) or lower or where there is a possibility of ice forming in the eaves — i.e., the area labeled “North”.
- Great Look: Fiberglass reinforcement helps resist wrinkling and buckling.
- Dependable: Self-seals around nails or metal roofing fasteners to help avoid leaks.
- Saves Labor: Split-back release film helps to speed installation.
- Convenient: 1.5 square (150 ft.2 [13.9 m2]) and 2.0 square (200 ft.2 [18.58 m2]) roll sizes.
1WeatherWatch® Leak Barrier has earned the Good Housekeeping Seal (U.S. only).
2See GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions. The word “Lifetime” refers to the length of coverage provided by the GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty and means as long as the original individual owner(s) of a single-family detached residence [or the second owner(s) in certain circumstances] owns the property where the shingles are installed. For owners/structures not meeting the above criteria, Lifetime coverage is not applicable. Lifetime ltd. warranty on accessories requires the use of at least three qualifying GAF accessories and the use of Lifetime Shingles.
3Check local building codes for specifications in your area.