About Pro‑Start® Starter Strip Shingles
Pre-cut eave/rake starter strips are one of the most overlooked parts of a quality roofing system. That’s because some roofing contractors will try to use a cut-up 3-tab strip shingle as the “starter” course on your roof.Unfortunately, these cut-up shingles may not have properly positioned adhesive to help reduce the risk of shingle blow-off. Pro-Start® Eave/Rake Starter Strips are made with a high-quality, properly positioned adhesive applied at the factory to help prevent shingle blow-off. Plus, installers like that they’re easy to use with no cutting on the roof, while homeowners feel good about the fact that they create less waste.
- Looks Better: Straighter roof edges and no messy black cement dripping onto your new white edge metal.
- Excellent Performance: Factory-applied Dura Grip™ Adhesive helps to lock down the roof edges at the eaves and rakes.
- Peace of Mind: Eligible for a Lifetime limited warranty when installed on Lifetime Shingle roofs.1
- Potential Increased Wind Coverage: GAF offers increased wind coverage on many shingles when you use GAF starter strips with factory-applied adhesive and follow special installation requirements.1
- Convenient: At least 50% more coverage per bundle (versus typical 3-tab shingles) means less to carry and handle on the roof.
- Efficient: Perforated designed eliminates cutting on the roof.
- Environmentally Friendly: Reduces landfill waste by eliminating shingle scraps.
COST EFFECTIVEEconomical alternative to using cut-up 3-tab strip shingles as your starter course
HIGH QUALITYTightly locks your shingles in place to help prevent shingle blow-off
LESS WASTEHelps keep your property tidier during installation and reduces waste created by cutting-up 3-tab shingles