Why GAF Epoxy Primer?
Epoxy Primer is designed to penetrate and seal porous substrates and to improve the adhesion of high-performance top coats. It helps to “solidify” punky or chalky conditions; increases the bond of acrylic, polyurethane, butyl, and epoxy top coats to a variety of surfaces.
- Adhesion: Penetrates and “wets” into porous surfaces, imparting a tenacious chemical and physical bond between the substrate and subsequent top coat.
- Non-dusting: Penetrates deeply to eliminate concrete dusting, providing for easy cleanup and minimum maintenance.
- Deep Penetration: Low viscosity allows for penetration into dense surfaces such as smooth-troweled concrete floors, oriented strand board, fiberglass, and various types of metal surfaces.
- Anti-Spalling: Helps protect against the intrusion of destructive salts, oils, solvents, and gasoline. Also helps prevent spalling and pitting caused by freeze/thaw cycling
- Epoxy Primer develops a tenacious bond to aluminum, asphalt, concrete, fiberglass, galvanized metal, steel, and wood.
- Epoxy Primer forms an effective bond under various coatings and polyurethane foam.
- Epoxy Primer will effectively solidify punky or chalky concrete or masonry surfaces when used as a primer prior to top coating.
- Although Epoxy Primer will greatly enhance the adhesion of various top coats over metal surfaces; it is not designed to add to the corrosion resistance of the system beyond what the top coat provides.