Grand Sequoia® ArmorShield™
Enhanced Impact Resistance
POTENTIAL INSURANCE SAVINGS
Grand Sequoia® ArmorShield™ Shingles
The look of rugged wood shakes with the protection of UL 2218 Class 4 impact resistanceSee Grand Sequoia® ArmorShield™ Shingles
The GAF Lifetime Roofing System
Advice From Our Expert
Find a GAF Master Elite® Roofing Contractor
Made with our proprietary SBS modified asphalt formulation, Grand Sequoia® ArmorShield™ SBS Modified IR Shingles provide an excellent combination of enhanced impact resistance and beauty for your most valuable asset! They pass the industry's toughest impact-resistance test: UL 2218 Class 4. What does that mean? Shingles that pass this test may qualify for insurance discounts.1
- Potential Insurance Savings: Grand Sequoia® ArmorShield™ Shingles pass the UL 2218 Class 4 Impact-Resistance Test, and may qualify for insurance discounts.1
- SBS Modified Asphalt: Provides a more durable, rubber-like, and super-flexible shingle — to help reduce stress when impacted.
- Excellent Wind Performance: Meets Class 4 wind rating from Underwriters Laboratories — the highest wind rating possible. DuraGrip™ Adhesive seals each shingle tightly and reduces the risk of shingle blow-off. Shingles warranted to withstand maximum wind gusts of up to 130 mph (209 km/h)!2
- High Performance: Designed with Advanced Protection® Shingle Technology, which reduces the use of natural resources while providing excellent protection.
- StainGuard® Protection: Helps ensure the beauty of your roof against unsightly blue-green algae.3
- Peace Of Mind: Lifetime ltd. transferable warranty with Smart Choice® Protection (non-prorated material and installation labor coverage) for the first ten years.4
- Ridge Cap Shingles: Use our Seal-A-Ridge® ArmorShield™ SBS Modified Ridge Cap Shingles. They’re a unique color match to the GAF ArmorShield™ Series of Shingles.
Note: Always use complementary-color GAF StarterMatch™ Starter Strip Shingles when installing Grand Sequoia® ArmorShield™ SBS Modified IR Shingles for the best look.
1Insurance discounts may not be available in your area. Where available, insurance discounts may vary. Contact your insurance provider for information.
2This wind speed coverage requires special installation; see GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for details. Please note that hail damage is not covered even for shingles that pass the UL 2218
Class 4 Impact-Resistance Test.
3StainGuard® algae protection and 10-year limited warranty against blue-green algae discoloration available only on shingles sold in packages bearing the StainGuard® logo. See GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions.
4See GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions. The word “Lifetime” refers to the length of coverage provided by the GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty and means as long as the original individual owner(s) of a single-family detached residence [or the second owner(s) in certain circumstances] owns the property where the shingles and accessories are installed. For owners/structures not meeting the above criteria, Lifetime coverage is not applicable. Lifetime ltd. warranty on accessories requires the use of at least three qualifying GAF accessories and the use of Lifetime Shingles.
Protect Your Investment
Find out about product warranties and options that may help protect your most valuable assets.
- All-American Pledge™ Roof Guarantee
- Lifetime Roofing System
- Lifetime Ltd. Warranty
- Silver Pledge™
- System Plus
- GAF Smart Choice® Shingle International
- Golden Pledge®
|Dimensions (SP)||17'' x 40'' (431.8 mm x 1016 mm)|
|Bundle Coverage||4 bundles per square|
|Approx. Nails/Sq||360 (432 where 6 nails per shingle is required)|
|Exposure||5'' (127 mm)|
|Material||Fiberglass asphalt construction|
|Wind Warranty||130 mph|
|FBC||State of Florida approved|
|ICC AC438||ESR-3267 - Obtained ESR 3267 evaluation from ICC Evaluation Services based on compliance with the requirements of AC438, an acceptance criteria established by ICC Evaluation Services to evaluate asphalt shingles that contains performance tests in addition to those required by the building code. (ICC Evaluation Services provides technical evaluations of building products that directly address the issue of code compliance. Building inspectors use these evaluation reports to help determine code compliance and enforce building regulations.)|
|Impact Resist. Listings||Yes|
|Miami-Dade County||Miami-Dade County Product Control approved|
|TDI||Texas Department of Insurance listed|
|ASTM D3018||Type 1|
|ASTM D3161||Class F|
|ASTM D7158||Class H|
|UL 790||Class A|
|UL 2218||Class 4|