Glenwood House Photos
The GAF Style Guide
Find a GAF factory-certified contractor near you.
When it came to creating the industry’s most authentic wood shake-look shingle, we knew we had to deliver nothing less than all the remarkable, natural beauty of genuine hand-split wood shakes. But we didn't stop there. Not only did we ensure that this innovative shingle would provide all the top performance you'd expect — we also enhanced its dimensionality.
We're proud to say that no other triple-layer asphalt shingle available today matches the thickness of our premium Glenwood® Shingles. You can see the difference for yourself; there's simply no comparison!
- Ultra Thick: Industry-leading, ultra-thick triple-layer construction provides maximum dimensionality, resulting in a truly realistic wood-shake look.
- Beautiful Design: Artisan-crafted shingle tabs give your home a dimensional look unmatched by typical shingles.
- Affordable Luxury: Only a fraction of the cost of traditional wood shakes.
- Custom Color Palette: Specially formulated color palette is designed to accentuate the shingle's natural wood-shake look.
- High Performance: Designed with Advanced Protection® Shingle Technology which reduces the use of natural resources while providing excellent protection for your home.
- StainGuard® Protection: Helps ensure the beauty of your roof against unsightly blue-green algae.1
- Highest Impact-Resistance Rating: Passes UL 2218 Impact-Resistance Test with Class 4 rating (highest possible).
- Highest Roofing Fire Rating: Unlike natural, untreated wood shakes, Glenwood® Shingles are UL Listed to ANSI/UL 790 Class A — the highest roofing fire rating possible.
- Stays In Place: Dura Grip™ Adhesive seals each shingle tightly and reduces the risk of shingle blow-off. Shingles warranted to withstand winds up to 130 mph (209 km/h)!2
- The Ultimate Peace Of Mind: Lifetime ltd. transferable warranty with Smart Choice® Protection (non-prorated material and installation labor coverage) for the first ten years.3
- Perfect Finishing Touch: For the best look, use Timbertex® Premium Ridge Cap Shingles with StainGuard® protection or Ridglass® Premium Ridge Cap Shingles.4
- Trusted: Glenwood® Shingles have earned the prestigious Good Housekeeping Seal (U.S. only).
1StainGuard® algae protection and 10-year limited warranty against blue-green algae discoloration available only on shingles sold in packages bearing the StainGuard® logo. See GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions.
2This wind speed coverage requires special installation; see GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for details.
3See GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions. The word “Lifetime” refers to the length of coverage provided by the GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty and means as long as the original individual owner(s) of a single-family detached residence [or the second owner(s) in certain circumstances] owns the property where the shingles are installed. For owners/structures not meeting the above criteria, Lifetime coverage is not applicable.
4These products are not available in all areas. Visit Ridge Cap Shingle Product Availability for details.
Note: Do not install Glenwood® Shingles on roofs with slopes of 2:12; doing so will void the applicable warranty. Glenwood® Shingles installed on roofs with slopes of 3:12 to 4:12 require special installation in order to qualify for warranty coverage.
|Dimensions (SP)||12 1/4'' x 36 5/16'' (311.15 mm x 921.94 mm)|
|Exposure||4 1/2" (114.3 mm)|
|Material||Fiberglass Asphalt Construction|
|Wind Warranty||130 mph|
|FBC||State of Florida approved|
|Impact Resist. Listings||State Farm and TDI|
|Miami-Dade County||Miami-Dade County Product Control approved|
|TDI||Texas Department of Insurance listed|
|ASTM D3161||Class F|
|ASTM D7158||Class H|
|UL 790||Class A|
|UL 997||modified to 110 mph|
|UL 2218||Class 4|
|UL||Yes, Class A|
|CRRC||CRRC rated (Golden Prairie)|