Royal Sovereign® House Photos
The GAF Lifetime Roofing System
Advice From Our Expert
Some people think all 3-tab shingles look pretty much alike. Not so! At GAF, we’ve gone to great pains to make Royal Sovereign® Shingles the most beautiful strip shingles you can buy.
But don’t just take our word for it. Over 10 million Royal Sovereign® Shingles have been installed in North America—enough to circle the Earth more than 200 times if they were laid end to end!
- High Performance: Designed with Advanced Protection® Shingle Technology, which reduces the use of natural resources while providing excellent protection for your home.
- Looks Great: Color Lock™ Ceramic Firing (granules) helps maintain the true shingle color.
- StainGuard® Protection: Helps ensure the beauty of your roof against unsightly blue-green algae.1
- Highest Roofing Fire Rating: UL Class A, listed to ANSI/UL 790
- Stays In Place: Passes the industry’s two toughest wind tests: ASTM’s 110 mph and 150 mph wind tests (under controlled laboratory conditions).2,3
- Excellent Performance: Micro Weave™ Core offers a strong foundation that helps resist cracking and splitting.
- Ultimate Peace of Mind: 25-year ltd. transferable warranty with Smart Choice® Protection (non-prorated material and installation labor coverage) for the first five years.3
1StainGuard® protection applies only to shingles with StainGuard®-labeled packaging.
2Warranted to withstand wind speeds up to 60 mph.
3See GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions.
Protect Your Investment
Find out about product warranties and options that may help protect your most valuable assets.
- All-American Pledge™ Roof Guarantee
- Product Warranty
- Silver Pledge™
- System Plus
- GAF Smart Choice® Shingle International
- Golden Pledge®
|Dimensions (SP)||12” x 36” (304.8 mm x 914.4 mm)|
|Bundle Coverage||3 bundles per square|
|Approx. Nails/Sq||316 (English), 256 (Metric)|
|Exposure||5" (127 mm)|
|Material||Fiberglass Asphalt Construction|
|Wind Warranty||60 mph|
|FBC||State of Florida approved|
|ICC AC438||Obtained ESR 3267 evaluation from ICC Evaluation Services based on compliance with the requirements of AC438, an acceptance criteria established by ICC Evaluation Services to evaluate asphalt shingles that contains performance tests in addition to those required by the building code. (ICC Evaluation Services provides technical evaluations of building products that directly address the issue of code compliance. Building inspectors use these evaluation reports to help determine code compliance and enforce building regulations.)|
|Miami-Dade County||Miami-Dade County Product Control approved|
|TDI||Texas Department of Insurance listed|
|ASTM D3018||Type 1|
|ASTM D3161||Class F|
|ASTM D3462||Yes - Meets ASTM D3462|
|ASTM D7158||Class H|
|UL 790||Class A|
|ENERGY STAR® Certified (U.S. only)||Qualified (White only) - When installed properly, this product will help reduce energy costs. Actual savings will vary based on geographic location and individual building characteristics.|
|Title 24 (California Energy Commission)||Yes (White, Desert Sand only)|
|CRRC||Yes (White, Desert Sand only)|
|LA Green Building Code||Yes (White, Desert Sand only) - Meets the Los Angeles Green Building Code|
|Miami 21 (Florida Building Code)||Yes (White, Desert Sand only)|
|Approx. Pieces/Sq||79 (English), 64 (Metric)|