Why RUBEROID® HW SMOOTH Membrane?
RUBEROID® HW SMOOTH is a tough, resilient, modified bitumen membrane manufactured to stringent GAF specifications. Its core is a strong, resilient, non-woven polyester mat that is coated with flexible, polymer-modified asphalt and has a smooth surface. Smooth surface heat-weld installations must be protected with surfacing.
- System guarantees are available for up to 20 years1
- The installed cost is less than most single-ply systems on the market today
- Installed roof designs weigh less than 2 pounds per square foot
- Specially formulated modified asphalt gives lasting performance
- Resilient polyester mat core allows it to resist splits and tears due to its pliability and elongation characteristics
- Backed by GAF, a company with over 130 years in the roofing business
RUBEROID® HW SMOOTH is designed for new roofing and re-covering applications as well as the construction of flashings. RUBEROID® HW SMOOTH is also an ideal product for repairs of built-up roofing membranes or other modified bitumen systems.
1See applicable warranty or guarantee for complete coverage and restrictions.