Why MATRIX™ 202 SBS Flashing Cement?
A high-quality, asbestos-free formulation for use as a cold-applied bonding agent for SBS modified bitumen roof systems, this heavy, “trowel-grade” consistency cement makes it the ideal product for flashing details, attachment of membrane to steep slopes and parapet walls, and a variety of waterproofing repairs, especially at moving joints where its flexibility and elasticity make it superior to standard plastic cements. Its superior-bonding strength and high flexibility accommodate temperature-related expansion and contraction of the roof or waterproofing system with a smooth, flexible application – even at low temperatures.
MATRIX™ 202 SBS Flashing Cement “trowel-grade” consistency outperforms standard plastic cements for:
- Attaching flashing to parapet walls, curbs, and roof projections
- Sealing end laps and perimeter edges of SBS modified bitumen membranes
- Sealing metal-edge flashing, gutter seams, air conditioning ducts, etc.
- Repairing splits, breaks, and holes in roofing and flashing
- Along joints of metal roof panels, metal edging, gutters, coping caps, and air-conditioning ducts
- At pipes and projections through below-grade damp proofing membranes, for sealing shingles, and repairing asphalt built-up, metal, and masonry roofs