Why TOPCOAT® Membrane?
TOPCOAT® Membrane is a water-based, spray-applied liquid that cures to form a seamless, 100% acrylic elastomeric membrane specially designed to seal the entire roof. It offers high tensile strength and elongation, and has excellent resistance to ultraviolet energy. It is low in VOC, non-flammable, and presents minimal hazard to the applicator and the environment.
- ENERGY STAR® certified (U.S. only) reflectivity can dramatically decrease building temperatures
- Highly reflective and listed by the Cool Roof Rating Council for solar reflectance and thermal emittance
- Rated by the Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC) for use in Title 24 Projects
- Offers high tensile strength and elongation, and is virtually undamaged by extended exposure to solar ultraviolet energy
- Low VOC, non-flammable, and presents minimal hazard to the applicator or the environment
- Cures and becomes stronger under the sun’s ultraviolet rays
- Water-based for excellent protection and easy application
- Limited material warranty available for up to five years1
- Guarantees available for up to 20 years1
- TOPCOAT® Membrane is designed to protect and waterproof metal, wood, copper, PVC, transite, and concrete roof substrates for many years.
- Roof must have positive drainage.
- Surface must be free of ponding water, ice, snow, and debris prior to application.
- Do not apply at temperatures below 42°F. Substrate temperatures must be below 120°F when applying product. (for application questions, please contact GAF at 1-800-ROOF-411).
Available in White (for maximum reflectivity) and 15 standard colors (custom tinting is available upon request)
1See applicable warranty or guarantee for complete coverage and restrictions. .