Why TOPCOAT® XR-2000 Primer?
TOPCOAT® XR-2000 is a white, water-based, 100% acrylic adhesion-promoting primer designed to enhance the adhesion of the TOPCOAT® Roofing System to pre-finished metal roofing. Due to the wide variety of pre-applied finishes, suitability of TOPCOAT® XR-2000 must be tested on an individual basis.1
- Non-flammable, VOC compliant, and easy clean up
- Good adhesion to factory-coated metal roofing
- Has rust-inhibiting properties
- Limited material warranty available for up to five years2
TOPCOAT® XR-2000 is designed to enhance the adhesion of the TOPCOAT® Roofing System to pre-finished metal roofing, including those containing fluoropolymers such as Kynar® or siliconized polyesters. Roof must have positive drainage. Surface must be free of ponding water, ice, snow, and debris prior to application. Do not apply at temperatures below 42°F. Substrate temperatures must be below 120°F when applying product.
- Application: Apply product with a roller or airless sprayer, covering the surface at an even rate. Apply at a rate of 0.75 gal/100 ft² (3.1 L/10 m2). Total gallons (liters) per square depends on roof surface and specifications.
- Spray Application: For spray application, use an airless spray pump with a minimum 1-gallon per minute (3.8 liter/min) output and a minimum 2,000 psi (13,790 kPa) pressure capability.
- Use a reversible, self-cleaning tip with an orifice size of 0.027" to 0.039" (0.69 to 0.99 mm)
For application questions, please contact GAF at 1-800-766-3411.
Note: Repair leaks promptly to avoid adverse effects, including mold growth
1See warranties for complete coverage and restrictions.
2See TOPCOAT® metal specifications for testing procedure.