Why EnergyGuard™ NH HD Polyiso Roof Insulation?
EnergyGuard™ NH HD Polyiso Roof Insulation meets all the inherent properties and performance polyiso is known for and has the highest R-value (2.5) of any cover board without any halogenated flame retardants – making it your best choice for a sustainable building design.
If you have a roof that gets a lot of traffic, we recommend using a cover board that’s up to the task. GAF offers two high-density, non-halogenated versions of our ISO, EnergyGuard™ NH HD Polyiso Cover Board and EnergyGuard™ NH HD PLUS Polyiso Cover Board. They’re lighter than conventional gypsum-based cover boards, easier to cut, and better for the environment. And with an R-value of 2.5 -- the highest of any cover board – your best choice is clear.
Sustainable design projects pursuing certifications under a green building rating system such as LEED® v4 or Living Building Challenge will benefit from these certifications and listings.
- Durable coated glass facer bonded to a core of non-halogenated isocyanurate foam.
- A fraction of the weight of gypsum cover boards.
- Over 80 psi compressive strength for NH HD and 110 psi for NH HD PLUS.
- Manufactured with EPA-complaint blowing agents.
- Contain no CFCs or HCHSs; has zero ODP.
- Excellent dimensional stability.
- Lower overall perm rating than many conventional insulation boards.
- High moisture resistance and no capillarity.
- Is a Red List Free product with a Declare label designation.
- Holds a Health Product Declaration (HPD).
- Meets ASTM C1289 Type 2, Class 4, Grade 1 (80 psi) and Grade 2 (110 psi).
- Meets FM 4450/4470 and UL 790.
- Meets FM Approval criteria for severe hail damage resistance (Class 1-SH) when FM Approved as a component of a Class 1-SH rated roofing assembly. Refer to RoofNav® for specific assembly approvals.
- FM Approvals Specification Tested per FM 4473 for Class 3 impact resistance as a component of a Class 3 rated roofing assembly. Refer to the FM Approval Guide for Specification Tested roofing assemblies.