Thompson Creek Window Company is a privately owned, family operated manufacturer and installer of energy-efficient home improvement replacement products. Founded in 1980, the Company has evolved into one of the leading specialty home improvement manufacturing and contracting companies in the nation. We provide top-quality replacement windows and doors, vinyl siding, roofing and a clog-free gutter system. Thompson Creek Window Company is headquartered in Lanham, MD, and manufacturers our products in Upper Marlboro, MD, employing more than 400 people in Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia.
"Update 1: Everyone has been professional so far. As they began cleaning up, I noticed one the guys I hadn't talked to had a pint of vodka between his knees as I was putting my kid in the highchair. He scooted the ladder he was trying to fix directly in front of him to hide it. As he carried the ladder out he awkwardly tried to hide the bottle, which you could still see. The rest of the install team was great, it takes one alcoholic though to ruin the experience. The professionalism this company offers is the best we've found! We haven't gotten our installation yet but the presentation alone was outstanding. Their communication is top notch. Their prices are midrange but they leave you confident knowing you will get a great product and the process will go smoothly. Erin was very knowledgeable on every question we had. She didn't come across as a pushy salesman like other companies and was passionate about the product."
"We are very pleased with the experience we had meeting with the sales rep who came to help us design new custom French doors for our front entry. He was knowledgeable, answered any questions we had, and worked with us to get the best value and design for our replacement doors. We are very excited to see how wonderful our new front entry will look with such a high quality doorway!"
"They came to my home to provide a quote for installing a sliding door. They were punctual, friendly, and able to answer all my questions. They were also willing to work with me on pricing and I signed a contract that same day. I'm excited to see the final product once installation is complete."
- "Update 1: Everyone has been professional so far. As they began cleaning up, I noticed one the guys I hadn't talked to had a pint of vodka between his knees as I was putting my kid in the highchair. He scooted the ladder he was trying to fix directly in front of him to hide it. As he carried the ladder out he awkwardly tried to hide the bottle, which you could still see. The rest of the install team was great, it takes one alcoholic though to ruin the experience. The professionalism this company offers is the best we've found! We haven't gotten our installation yet but the presentation alone was outstanding. Their communication is top notch. Their prices are midrange but they leave you confident knowing you will get a great product and the process will go smoothly. Erin was very knowledgeable on every question we had. She didn't come across as a pushy salesman like other companies and was passionate about the product."
- "We are very pleased with the experience we had meeting with the sales rep who came to help us design new custom French doors for our front entry. He was knowledgeable, answered any questions we had, and worked with us to get the best value and design for our replacement doors. We are very excited to see how wonderful our new front entry will look with such a high quality doorway!"
- "They came to my home to provide a quote for installing a sliding door. They were punctual, friendly, and able to answer all my questions. They were also willing to work with me on pricing and I signed a contract that same day. I'm excited to see the final product once installation is complete."
- "Update 1: Everyone has been professional so far. The install team was late(today is day 1). As they began cleaning up, I noticed one the guys I hadn't talked to had a pint of vodka between his knees as I was putting my kid in the highchair. He scooted the ladder he was trying to fix directly in front of him to hide it. As he carried the ladder out he awkwardly tried to hide the bottle, which you could still see. The rest of the install team was great, it takes one alcoholic though to ruin the experience. The professionalism this company offers is the best we've found! We haven't gotten our installation yet but the presentation alone was outstanding. Their communication is top notch. Their prices are midrange but they leave you confident knowing you will get a great product and the process will go smoothly. Erin was very knowledgeable on every question we had. She didn't come across as a pushy salesman like other companies and was passionate about the product."
- "Their representative, Jake, made this one of the most painless experiences we’ve had with respect to home improvement companies. He did his absolute best to accommodate us. He was very professional and knowledgeable of their products. He was completely honest and up-front, something we greatly appreciated. For anyone shopping around, I definitely recommend this company — hands down."
- "Guy S. came to give us a quote to replace a large sliding glass door. He was extremely knowledgeable, professional, and engaging. The door is sleek and well constructed with an amazing warranty. The timeline to receive the door was also much quicker than another company where we got a quote. Guy discovered that my husband and I were both veterans and he was able to give us an amazing deal! We are very excited about our new slider and are looking forward to the installation."
- "While this is premature as the door installation is in the future, I must comment on the patience and professionalism of Guy and Neal to arrange for exactly the door my wife and I want. As a home handy man I was impressed with the samples and explanations of the product. My wife loved the ability to see what a wide variety of style choices looked like. We are eager to get started. I promise a further review when our new door is up."
- "Guy came over to check out our project and answered all of questions! He was very knowledgeable and upfront about costs. He also helped offer different options to best fit our budget. Looking forward to the rest of the experience working with the company."
- "Jake McMahon was extremely knowledgeable and helpful! He ensured all our questions were answered and that we had access to all the discounts he could offer us. We’re looking forward to our new windows being installed so we can finally stop heating/cooling the great outdoors instead of our own home. I’ve personally never felt so confident in a contracted home project; their warranty and business model give me so much peace of mind. Highly recommend!"
- "The good parts: We recently had our second project completed by Thompson Creek. Once everything was finally completed we are very happy with the quality of the work, the quality of the windows and doors. The sales people, installers, and field supervisors were all professional and pleasant to work with. They backed up their commitment to replace two windows that were flawed in production. The bad parts: I believe the business model of management is flawed. They prioritize the next customer in their queue before completing the project they are currently working on. For example, rain was forecast on the first date they were scheduled, rather than reschedule for the next clear day, they send your project to the back of the line for several weeks to take care of clients that were previously scheduled after you. In July, we placed a second order of 3 windows and an entry door. One of windows was incorrectly measured and had to be re-ordered while the entry door was missing some trim pieces. Again, it took almost two months before they returned to install the door and window which was finally completed Feb. 5th. Having just retired as the owner of a construction sub-contractor, I would never have my clients wait months while I started new projects with other clients. I understand there are labor and supply chain issues, but Thompson Creek advertises the fact that they have their own factories and therefore do not have supply chain issues. I'm sure it's more profitable for them to operate this way but it's certainly not very customer friendly."
- "The professionalism this company offers is the best we've found! We haven't gotten our installation yet but the presentation alone was outstanding. Their communication is top notch. Their prices are midrange but they leave you confident knowing you will get a great product and the process will go smoothly. Erin was very knowledgeable on every question we had. She didn't come across as a pushy salesman like other companies and was passionate about the product."
- "Guy was very friendly and professional. He gave us multiple options to fit our budget, as we have a baby on the way. We were given a presentation showing us the history of the company, as well as the difference between standard windows and Thompson Creek’s windows. There is an enormous difference in the quality and security of Thompson Creek’s windows. The company’s warranty is also fantastic as windows and service are covered for 50 years. I 100% recommend them to anyone looking for new window or doors."
- "So far, working with Thompson Creek has been very positive. They were one of the few companies who called me back. I just needed one window replaced and they wanted to help. Some places would not come out for 1 window. The people at the scheduling center were polite and helpful. I was able to get an appointment quickly. We had Neil come to our house and go through our options. He was very polite, professional, and informative. There was no rush to by a window and never felt pressured. I was surprised, but they were better priced than some of our other quotes. We actually ordered a few windows with them. I'll update once they are installed. So far, I would recommend them."
- "After 32 years, our windows and patio doors need replacement and my husband and I had been looking at different companies without much success. Until we found Thompson Creek Window Company! Our sales rep, Guy Stickley, was incredibly informative and patient in his explanation of the products. He, his assistant/trainee, and the company in general showed up on time, were thorough, and really accommodated us into their schedule. Thompson Creek is lucky to have a kind and passionate employee and my husband and I highly recommend this company to anyone who needs new windows and doors."
- "We needed new windows in our home, as the current windows are the original to the home, built in 1994. After getting a quote from another company, we decided to get a consult from T. Creek as well, to compare. I will say there is no comparison to the quality and craftsmanship of T. Creek's windows. And, Neil Waranch who came out and did our consult was professional, friendly, and down-to-earth. He is very knowledgeable about the products in every aspect and was able to answer every question we had, without pause. We like the fact that they make all of their windows; they do not contract out. Although their windows are very pricey (be prepared!), I guess in comparison to the other company and their lack of quality, as the old saying goes, "you get what you pay for." So, in the grand scheme of things, they'll be worth the price. We are looking forward to our windows being installed in the next couple of months. Thank you Neil and T. Creek!"
- "Jake and his team provided an in-depth review of their products. Great presentation. Jake was awesome. Even better product. Worked with us on a fantastic price. Ready for new sliding glass doors"
- "The Sales Rep, Rachel arrived on time and was very professional and personable. She made sure that we understood what type of service we were getting and how it compared to the competition. She also took her time to show us samples and explain the pricing options they had available. We are having our sliding glass door replaced and I am glad that we have chosen Thompson Creek to get the job done."
- "I have nothing but good things to say about our experience with Thompson Creek Window Company thus far. My husband and I met with two representatives yesterday, Guy and Jake. Both of which were very professional and knowledgeable. The meeting was very informative which made us feel confident about choosing to work with this company. We are looking forward to having our two door installations completed in early spring!"
- "Neil was very professional and friendly, got straight to the point, and it was not a high-pressure sales pitch. Appears to be a very high quality product. Very excited about getting them installed this spring."
- "Our house was in dire need of home remodeling after remaining as it is for several decades. Thankfully, Erin was able to swing by on the day we called for an appointment, and we were able to proceed swiftly with all that is needed to be improved. She was personable, professional, and reassuring in her knowledge of the area’s climate and conditions. Looking through our issues, she was able to identify all the problems that led to today. Our answers were fully and confidently answer, so we’re feeling secure in the service and product that we’ll be receiving as she informs us that Thompson Creek operates locally in MD, VA, and NC."
- "We have seen Thompson Creek flyers regularly over the past several years; I was always struck by the simplicity - a single 8-1/2 x 11 paper, black and white. I imagined that might reflect the company’s business practice - simple, courteous, not too obtrusive, and cost effective Todays visit from Erin to discuss our entry door replacement confirmed my perception! She was thorough and knowledgeable without being pushy or “anxious” to make a sale…. But after seeing and hearing her describe the product and services they offer, both my wife and I were unanimous in deciding to place our order - particularly in light of the price we arrived at for a totally custom steel front door system with custom glass in the door, transom lite, and two side panels. We are impressed so far! We’ll provide more feedback after our new door system is installed this coming June."
- "This company really needs to work on their sales and marketing team. If a customer requests a quote and decides not to respond, it probably means they ended up going with someone else and they are no longer interested. It's been over a month with constant phone calls to where it could not get ignored anymore. Yesterday I have asked them to stop calling me, and they decide to call again today. Again i told them to stop calling and instead of an apology like a "professional business" would be expected to do, they hang up instead. It got to the point where I had to block this number so that I could get at least one day of peace."
- "Got my whole house of windows/front and side doors from Thompson Creek. They kept me informed during the entire process and did a quality job at install. I feel really good knowing I will never have to do these projects again. Would definitely recommend them to friends and family!"
- "We just had the pleasure of meeting Erin Eissens, Factory Representative, for Thompson Creek Windows. Erin was punctual, professional, friendly and extremely knowledgeable about every aspect of the process of buying new windows and sliding doors for our home. She listened to exactly what we wanted and answered every question! We were very impressed with the construction of the product as she explained how the windows/doors are built. Erin was a stellar representative of Thompson Creek but also made us feel that she was working for us, too, to get the most for our money. We weren’t really planning to sign a contract tonight but Erin got us there! Looking forward to our install in the next 10 weeks!"
- "Totally impressed with Erin. She was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful when she gave us the presentation. She explained the company, products and what they could offer us. The pace of the presentation was good. She valued our time. We were excited to sign a contract and look forward to our new windows, trim and gutters."
- "Thompson Creek Window Company has been around over 30 years and have build a reputation of quality and service and now I can definitely see why! We signed up for a gutter estimate with this company and met with Guy and Amar for our free estimate. They were very courteous and respectful. They took their time to walk around the property, walk us through the estimate and answer our questions. They even gave us time to talk amongst ourselves to make sure we felt comfortable moving forward. I did not feel rush or forced into signing the contract. Their prices were very reasonable and I feel the quality of their product and presentation overall won us over. I look forward to working with this company as we move forward and in possible future projects as well."
- "I was in the market for some new storm doors. Neil came to my house to provide an education and show me the various options. He was incredibly helpful & even came back several days later when I changed my mind on the design. Gary was awesome too when he came to measure. They and the company are great about keeping you up-to-date on the progress and very professional. Everything should be installed in about 6 weeks and I am sure I'll be just as happy with that! I will definitely call Neil at Thompson Creek for my next home improvement project!"
- "My family had a wonderful experience with Thompson Creek. We got new windows and gutters for the entire home and are extremely impressed with the quality of products we received. We did a TON of research and had many other companies come out before Thompson Creek, but there really is no one out there that compares to the value we got for our money. They made their own windows and gutters to custom fit in our home and the warranty is awesome. Overall very happy with the service throughout the entire process. Thank you!!!"
- "The sales representative Guy came out on time. He was very courteous and professional and made every attempt to get me a price as close as he could to the other 2 competitors. I like their product very much. Really responsible in financing as well if you need it."
- "Rachel was absolutely amazing. She wasn’t a pushy salesperson, she didn’t have to be, her product sold itself. She made us feel comfortable and went over the quality of windows that Thompson Creek offers. My husband and I took advantage of the monthly payment plan that Brian approved. I love that any issues will be taken care of in house. I don’t have to call 57252748 different people to solve an issue (not that I foresee anything happening) but it is great to know it’s a one shop stop. The warranty that this company offers are unbeatable. Our windows will be installed in September, perfect timing to have the new windows open in Va Beach."
- "Had a great experience with this company. The sales rep was very friendly and knowledgable and didn't make us feel like we were negotiating for price. The installation crew arrived on time, did a great job and were also very friendly. The best part is that the windows and patio doors are amazing! Our whole house feels more insulated, it's so much quieter and we can actually keep our young toddlers from opening the patio doors now (they have an extra security foot lock that the boys haven't figured out yet)."
- "We used Thompson creek several times. The crew that did the installation was very professional, polite and did an excellent job!!! They were on time and took care not to damage anything and made sure all the debris was cleaned up when the job was completed. The quality of the entrance door, storm door and windows are excellent, everything was measured correctly and fit the space perfectly!"
- "Outstanding process from beginning (initial visit and estimate), to mid-way (measurements taken), to end (installation). Full clarity on the product, work schedule, and cost. Installation was quick and efficient with full clean up. All questions answered completely and clearly, and the price was both fair and competitive. Weill certainly use TCWC for further window work."
- "I had the pleasure of sitting down with Sity and Neil yesterday in my Chesapeake home. They were extremely friendly and very transparent in what could be done and what they were unable to accomplish. I also enjoyed chatting with them on the side and how they interacted with my children and my dog. I had previously had windows installed through Thompson Creek last year and was ready to begin replacing other windows. They are so good at their job and presented such appealing options that I opted into replacing all of my windows instead of just doing sections. I couldn't beat the offer and was sold immediately. The previous installation went smooth and the installers did a fantastic job. They were very quick and efficient. I very much look forward to the new windows throughout the rest of my house. After that is complete I plan to use their services again to replace gutters and doors. I am very satisfied with the company, the quality of products, the pricing options and the selection of goods. The overall process was easy and streamlined! Thank you!"
- "The only part of the purchasing/installation experience I did not like was the sales pitch. I was already familiar with the product so really I only needed to make sure the price was in my expected range. They said to set aside an hour for the person to go over their product, measure, and give me a price. It took 2 hours, almost the typical 'car-buying' experience of making you wait so long you'll do anything to end it and just say yes. And of course, they give the various quotes so you think you're getting a great deal and you immediately agree. My wife and I had already discussed what we thought the cost should be, and what we were okay paying, and when the quote was in the range, we accepted it. The whole thing could have taken 15 minutes but he dragged it out. The installation itself, however, was a great experience. A small team showed up, put out drop cloths, covered furniture and other things, and began cutting out the windows. They were very efficient, very respectful of our house, and did a great job of keeping things clean and organized. They cleaned up after they were done and I only found a couple of random debris in my mulch beds after they left. The new windows look great, and the trim/caulking on the outside looks great, professional, and better than I expected was possible. Overall, I'm very happy with the outcome and wish I hadn't waited so long to replace my old windows."
- "Great experience with Thompson Creek installing two sliding glass doors. I knew their product was top notch, and was surprised with how competitive their pricing was after getting a few quotes. The installation was quick, clean, and professional. Two screws were initially missing from the materials but a supervisor showed up within the hour and finished up the job personally."
- "This is our second time using Thompson Creek for window replacement and custom windows. Both times we have used them, they exceeded our expectations. It wasn’t in our budget to replace all 23 of our windows at once. At first we replaced the windows in the front of our house and on the side that is most visible from the street. Some of the existing wood around the windows was starting to show its age and they replaced the damaged wood at the same time. From our first phone call to set up our free quote to the install date, every Thompson Creek employee was friendly, helpful, prompt, and just a pleasure to work with. They answered ALL of our questions and helped us choose the best windows for our style of house and our budget. We love our new windows and are excited to get our next set installed. They offer choices for payment with different financing offers that were super easy to apply for. Our most recent appointment was with Neil and Sity. They are both extremely helpful, professional, and exceeded our expectations as well."
- "Had a great experience with Thompson Creek. I love the fact that I received custom products for a great price. Them being manufacture direct definitely shows in their quality. Highly recommend."
- "We had our initial consultation and estimate tonight done by Jalynn. She was punctual and very professional. She gave us a lot of info and we asked lots of questions before we signed the contract, so altogether it took almost 3 hours. I wish she had been able to give us a copy of the quote itself including the work to be done. We were told the project can be scheduled about 7-8 weeks out (much sooner than another major window company in the area), so I will update my review after the job is complete."
- "Erin come out today to give me a quote and I had a great experience. She showed up exactly on time and walked me through the whole process for new windows. She gave me multiple quote options with the exact pricing. I’m looking forward to the install."
- "They showed up on time to give us a quote. Definitely cheaper than our last window experience, with just a few differences. Best bang for their buck that I've found in the Suffolk area. Cuts out the middle man and gives you plenty of options. I'm pretty glad I went with them thus far. Thanks Thompson Creek, Jalynn was the best!"
- "Best experience I’ve had with any home improvement! The team got back to me immediately to schedule an appointment, answered all follow up questions and scheduled me for the first available installation. The quality is phenomenal, team members (including the worker bees) were kind and courteous, and the warranty is beyond worth it. Best experience, by far."
- "Great work, professional advice and installation, great customer service. Excellent workmanship"
- "Our experience with Thompson Creek from the start was fantastic! From the Customer Service when calling to plan/schedule our first appointment, to our appointment with Erin, our Sales Representative, to dispatch staying in touch on the date of install, to the quality of the workmanship, and even beyond to the follow-up after it ALL is what has left a lasting impression on us as first-time Thompson Creek customers. We definitely plan to be repeat customers!"
- "It was a great experience, very professional installers. A reall great product and very air toght. I would rate them 5 stars."
- "Thompson Creek installed my new gutter system. I couldn't be happier with the customer service, the price, the look, and function of the product. I'm thrilled to never have to get on my roof and clean out my gutters again. Thank you, Thompson Creek!"
- "Easy quote process and great customer service!"
- "Great company and great products! Everyone that I dealt with was very pleasant and professional and kept me updated throughout my project. My house is much more comfortable after my window, siding and door installation. I am very happy with the work that they've done and highly recommend this company."
- "This business refused to do business with me. They are the only company in Virginia that I found so far that makes custom garden windows, but since I live outside the service area, they refused to even sell me the window for me to pick it up to have it installed by my contractor. Even though I said I would wave the 50yr warranty. Are you in the window selling business or not!? Seems they only want to do the work so they can over charge for labor that you don't need. Folks, not sure what you are paying for this service, but if they are charging more than about $200 for a regular window and about $50 to install, it's over priced."
- "Good product and great people"
- "6 hour sale pitch. I mean it’s dinner time and this guy was still at our home. 6 hours later to tell us 40K for windows. Just windows. Then he told me u can just install one at a time!!! Really no I’m not doing that. Matter of fact. Please leave. You have waste my entire day."
- "Installers were over an hour late and completely unprofessional. Our installation start window was between 12 and 2 last Thursday. They arrived at 3:30 which they said was because they had to fix the mess up at the job before us, but never called to let us know and didn't leave until after 7:30 PM on a school night after the project manager promised that it wouldn't even take that long. 3 windows currently dont work properly, cracks in the drywall that they never fixed in multiple rooms, tiles in the window sill are lifting up, some air bubbles in the caulking around the window. Never had the project manager do a walk through inspection after, which was promised before. Currently being told that they will try to fit us in to look at the damage and broken windows that don't properly lock in almost 2 weeks. The product and service is not worth the money at all. Also actually getting a response from anyone is near impossible unless you dedicate all your time to calling."
- "The 2 hours sales pitch was great except it was 2 HOURS. Even better was the 28K quote for 16 windows they sent after the sales guy told me it was going to be around 16K. Complete waste of time."
- "From the initial ordering of the windows through the entire install process, we could not have asked for better service. Our windows are beautiful!! Thank you Bernie and all involved for making this a great experience! Very happy customer!"
- "We went with Thompson Creek for our windows and sliding doors after getting several estimates. Although they weren’t the least expensive they are by far the best quality. You get what you pay for. We were impressed by the availability, open communication, and follow through from our Thompson Creek representative Nick. We have had our windows/doors for several months now and are seeing savings on our electric bills. We would definitely recommend Thompson Creek."
Find Other Roofing Contractors Nearby
- South Norfolk Roofing
- Chesapeake Roofing
- Portsmouth Roofing
- Va Bch Roofing
- Va Beach Roofing
- Vab Roofing
- Norfolk Roofing
- Virginia Bch Roofing
- Virginia Beach Roofing
- Princess Anne Roofing
- Fleet Roofing
- Joint Forces Staff College Roofing
- Naval Base Roofing
- Naval Communications Area Ma Roofing
- Norfolk Naval Air Station Roofing
- Norfolk Naval Public Works C Roofing
- Norfolk Naval Station Roofing
- Driver Roofing