Star Improvements of Michigan, Inc. has been helping homeowners and businesses throughout Michigan for over 20 years, providing construction and home improvement services to the Bay, Genesee, Tuscola, and Saginaw Counties and most of lower Michigan. We tackle roofing, siding, windows, gutters, and complete interior and exterior remodeling and painting, which includes drywall, flooring, kitchens, bathrooms, and custom woodwork. We accept insurance jobs and offer free estimates, so give us a call today!
"I made an appointment 2-3 weeks in advance and Sean, the owner, said he called this morning to cancel. I have caller I.D and answering machine, he never called. Said he had a lot of business come in this past week, which I was scheduled weeks before, and is not going to be able to work for me. Last minute cancellation is not professional and again, he did not call me. I have money, not financing, but for some reason this customer is not good enough for their business. Wouldn't recommend them to anybody even for a dog house. They are the worst"
"I would definitely recommend this company! They did a great job on my new roof, skylight, and gutters! Fair pricing and amazing customer service!"
"Excellent work and quality. Would highly recommend for roofing."
- "I made an appointment 2-3 weeks in advance and Sean, the owner, said he called this morning to cancel. I have caller I.D and answering machine, he never called. Said he had a lot of business come in this past week, which I was scheduled weeks before, and is not going to be able to work for me. Last minute cancellation is not professional and again, he did not call me. I have money, not financing, but for some reason this customer is not good enough for their business. Wouldn't recommend them to anybody even for a dog house. They are the worst"
- "I would definitely recommend this company! They did a great job on my new roof, skylight, and gutters! Fair pricing and amazing customer service!"
- "Excellent work and quality. Would highly recommend for roofing."
- "Cannot say enough of good for this company and workers Excellent professional performance and work !!!!"
- "I don't like making reviews but I was compelled to do so because I spent thousands of dollars to have my roof on my home and attached garage replace and it is still leaking. First issue, Lowe's contracted Starlight for the job! Second issue, they tore off the old garage shingles and placed on new shingles but they were the wrong color. Third issue, they installed my roof in November and it started leaking in February. Forth issue, they noted it was there fault which they came out and repaired but it starting leaking again two years later in the same locations! I reached out to inform them of the issue again but no response. Fifth, I contacted Lowe's and they sent out an insurance adjuster which ruled in Lowe's favor. Now I am stuck with a leaky roof after three years. Moral of the story, never have Lowe's or Starlight perform any kind of work on your home or business. They will not honor their work. I can attest to that!"
- "Shawn and his guys went over and beyond what you would expect for an Improvement Company... New Roof No Leaks His guys even took a magnet over my yard after they finished but before they left and got up any stray nails picked up....Now thats what I call service"
- "VERY happy with the work they have done for my parents. I wish we had went through them as well.. Because their roof looks perfect and they cleaned up everything.(which was not our experience when we had our roof done a few years ago. we had a HUGE mess and still have nail in our landscaping) Not only did they do a beautiful job on their roof but my elderly mother thought they were so kind. The owner Shawn sat down on several different occasions and chatted my mom . He made her feel like he cared enough to listen to her stories. thank you for everything. We really ap"
- "I would highly recommend Shawn and his crew of wonderful people. Everyone of them was hardworking, respectful, and professional. The work was great and they worked until it was perfect. Worked through weather that was unkind and did so without hesitation. The price was more than fair and the materials are top of the line. Everyone of the crew is a master of their trade and I can't not say how pleased we were to find such a wonderful company!"
- "Shawn and his crew were awesome, explained everything upfront and did a great job. Shawn always returned my calls promptly and took the time to answer any concerns that I had. We have already recommended Star Improvements of MI to friends and family. Here's a BIG shoutout to Shawn and a great crew of dedicated roofers, MIKE. NELSON, JJ, JOE, and NATE...... THANKS GUYS!!!!"
- "I would highly recommend Star Improvements. The quality of the work was very good at a great price. The guys had the roof done in 2 days. No damage to the lawn, shrubs etc and they cleaned everything up before leaving. Very friendly guys. During the estimate process, Shawn takes pictures of everything and explains any issues with the support of a photo which I found very helpful. A personal friend of mine highly recommended Star to me and I have recommended them to my family and neighbors as well."
- "Shawn was very prompt in returning phone calls and getting us an estimate on our roof. We got multiple estimates and decided to give our business to Star based on pricing, professionalism, and experience. Shawn and his crew got to our roof ahead of schedule and had it done in 2 days! To say that we were impressed is an understatement. We have recommended Star Improvements to several of our family members and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a high quality contractor at a reasonable price!"
Habitat For Humanity Roofer
This contractor has been awarded the GAF Habitat for Humanity's "Community Contractor" designation by participating in at least one Habitat for Humanity project in partnership with GAF in a year. Participation include donating their time and labor (while GAF donates the materials) and demonstrating a commitment to his/her local community and helping those in need. A contractor receives the GAF / Habitat for Humanity "Community Champion" designation when completing at least 5 projects over a rolling 5 year period.