This residential contractor is a GAF Factory-Certified Contractor. GAF trains and tests thousands of the best roofers in the country and makes sure they're appropriately licensed and insured so they can offer the best warranties.
"I wanted to get a quote from them for a repair job. I called them and left a voice message but never received any phone call after. I also tried their online form to request a quote and never got a reply either."
"Taylor came over and provided us with a quote for roof repair in August 2021 and we have decided to go ahead with it around November, the admin person from the company told me that they need to update the quote first, since the quote from August is not up to date. They did not have a record of the original quote and I scanned the original and emailed it to the company on December 19, 2021. Since that day I have been trying to get the updated quote, at some point in January I have decided to stop by and get this issue resolved, the admin person was there with Taylor and we talked about the original quote, the new quote and how busy they are and she promised that someone is working on it and Paul or Paula, not 100 percent sure will contact me next week. Today is March 22, 2022. Still nothing. I am definitely not planning to have any business with this company now or in the future. I have never experienced such service from our local companies."
"I found my experience with Paulo very professional even though my job was small. Would highly recommend Sambor Roofing"
- "I wanted to get a quote from them for a repair job. I called them and left a voice message but never received any phone call after. I also tried their online form to request a quote and never got a reply either."
- "Taylor came over and provided us with a quote for roof repair in August 2021 and we have decided to go ahead with it around November, the admin person from the company told me that they need to update the quote first, since the quote from August is not up to date. They did not have a record of the original quote and I scanned the original and emailed it to the company on December 19, 2021. Since that day I have been trying to get the updated quote, at some point in January I have decided to stop by and get this issue resolved, the admin person was there with Taylor and we talked about the original quote, the new quote and how busy they are and she promised that someone is working on it and Paul or Paula, not 100 percent sure will contact me next week. Today is March 22, 2022. Still nothing. I am definitely not planning to have any business with this company now or in the future. I have never experienced such service from our local companies."
- "I found my experience with Paulo very professional even though my job was small. Would highly recommend Sambor Roofing"
- "Great experience working with Sambor Roofing from start to finish. Appreciated the easy communication from the quote onward and high quality work in some pretty cold winter conditions. Thanks guys."
- "LISTEN UP!!!! These business owners (names are PIOTR AND SEBASTIAN) are inhuman and only care about money! They are evicting people from homes during one of the most difficult times ever and it is all for the MONEY. Don't support businesses that are not here for the community and are willing to turn their backs on the people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
- "I am quite pleased with how responsive this company was during the midst of the pandemic. They wore proper PPE while working on my house, and overall practiced proper work ethic. Their prices are competitive as I had researched a few roofing companies to fix my roof. I am extremely pleased by the work they did. Hopefully it will stand the test of time and this crazy Canadian weather. Thanks again."
- "This company has shown that their only concern is profits at the cost of fair and ethical business practices. Would not recommend."
- "Where is the option for zero stars? This company lacks a moral compass. Until this company learns the meaning of integrity, I would encourage everyone to work with a different company."
- "Top notch experience start to finish, Elaine even dropped the samples over to our home. The roof looks great, the guys did an excellent job and tidied up beautifully, the job was priced fairly, no surprises. All in all, couldn't be more pleased! Great local company to deal with."
- "Best service. They were great and the quality was fantastic"
- "I have a 1930s depression-era house with very low-pitch rolled roof that tore up in the wind after years of wear. When Tyler walked me through the quote, I could tell he really knew his stuff, partly because I had worked in roofing as a teenager. The flat roofing foreman, Sylvain, was a real old-school pro, a rugged and brilliant craftsman, the kind of guy that grinds out superb work in tough and hot conditions, day after day, year after year, probably without people noticing. I noticed. The roof is now sealed tight, and when it pours I just lean back and say, to myself "Thanks, Sylvain—you're the best.""
- "They installed our roof about 6 years ago, we recently had a slight issue due to not having plywood under the shingles and Tyler was able to come inspect and fix our issue. The company as a whole has great customer service and I would highly recommend them."
- "They came out to inspect our roof for repair but after three phone calls and promises to send quotes have never received a quote. Suggest you just tell prospective customers you are too busy at this time to take on new work."
- "The siding at the back of the house was coming away from the window. They sent a repair man to come and take a look at it. He grabbed his ladder and fixed it right away. So impressed with this company. So many companies didn't call me back after I left a message because it is just a small job but they did. They followed up and showed up today as promised. How refreshing! A company that cares about their reputation. I would highly recommend them and will definitely call them again for gutter repair or roof repair."
- "Waited a couple years to review to be sure, as I had them do my roof in 2018. Good price compared to competitors, and they did a good job. Only complaint would be a bit of sloppiness on some of the edges and they did some minimal damage to my gardens, also found some nails here and there left in the grass. A 3 bedroom house with a couple dormers and attached garage, the crew showed up at 7am and they were done and gone by 5."
- "Friendly crew and did a great job. Large driveway was cleaned up well and professionally. Would recommend Sambor to any friends or family!"
- "Sambor was contracted to do new shingles on our home a few years ago and last fall, new eavestroughs and leaf guard filters. Quality materials, excellent workmanship ,customer service and great prices. No high pressure sales tactics and gimmicks with this Guelph company. Sambor has expanded since our first business with them. They also do windows and siding."
- "Great bunch of guys, and everything is perfect. Tyler gave us the estimate and included "ice and water" with good shingles. The price was almost half of the estimate we got from a Toronto company!"
- "I had Tyler, a super nice gentleman, come out and quote replacing my roof. He was very professional and quoted excellent value. The crew came on time and was very professional and did a good job, including the clean up!!!"
- "We were very pleased with Sambor Roofing. They came out right away to inspect our roof and were able to repair it quickly and efficiently. We found them to be professional, personable, helpful and considerate. It was great to get this work done before all the rainy days started!!"
- "I contacted Sambor Roofing to inspect my eavestrough, which I suspected of leaking. They came for a free estimate, determined that the eavestrough was in good working order, but did a few minor things anyway—cleaning out the gutter, installing a small piece of metal to ensure that water didn't go where it shouldn't—and didn't charge at all! As a new homeowner, I've had some experiences where companies will give you the runaround (I'm mainly speaking of Belmar Roofing here, who will do just about anything to avoid servicing an under-warranty roof) but Sambor Roofing won't tell you you need something if you don't and after this experience they will be the first business I call if anything happens to our roof."
- "We and several neighbors had problems with old broken vents. In addition we had some new gutter installation and general repair required. I had difficulty getting a responce to my queries regarding our needs. Sambor saved the day. Margaret at Sambor returned my call promptly. Next day I talked to Paulo and had a quote. The cold weather came. But we were first on the list as the snow melted. Great work. Great people. Everyone is happy and several other neighbors have requested Sambor to come back to help them. In this time of Pandemic we as Seniors really appreciate the companies that go the extra mile to help us. Thanks Sambor."
- "I used this company to repair a leak on the roof of the pub I work for. It took quite a long time to get in touch with them but being busy isn't a bad thing for a business so we were patient. We had agreed upon the quote but had not chosen a date. When a rainy day came we realized the leak had gotten MUCH worse. So I reached out (to my manager) to find out when they were supposed to come to fix it and upon investigation they had already come. No communication to anyone that they were coming, didn't talk to anyone. Just came and "fixes" the Roff and never heard from them again. Though we have not seen a bill (which would not be paid until the job is done to completion and done properly) we have also never heard from them again. We have called multiple times, left multiple messages trying to get to the bottom of why our leak is SO MUCH worse now and a hazard to my team. Again, we have not gotten a bill but the whole experience has been frustrating to say the least. There are some wonderful reviews on here and I don't doubt they can offer this kind of service. But it seems like when you get their bad service...it's really bad. Hoping this review will get a call us for some answers but I won't hold my breath. We will have to get someone else in to fix it properly."
- "Piotr, Paulo and the crew did a fantastic job on our home. From start to finish they were there for us with any questions we had. Outstanding group to work with. We are absolutely happy with all the work they performed on our home."
- "Called Sambor to get siding repair quote. Piotr arrived, looked at siding and decided to fix the problem right away - great!! - the best part - NO CHARGE!!!!. That is what I call superior customer service. Highly recommend Sambor"
- "I've used Sambor Roofing to both replace the eavestroughs and repair the flat roof on my home. I've found them to be professional, courteous, and accommodating, I would not hesitate to work with them again in the future. Thanks, Paulo and Jeff!"
- "I’m so happy with my new eavestroughs! Love the colour suggestion ...but most of all, the quality is quite apparent! (And cleanup..thank you for that!) I was excited about the first rain/downpour to see the result.. and yes troughs were very functional.. a big improvement! They had suggested adding another downspout in the back and it’s made a huge difference. The service crew were very knowledgeable and a delight to speak with. I rate Sambor high on the charts. They exceeded my expectations."
- "We had to reschedule due to a family emergency. Sambor was very understanding and accommodating. When the job was done the crew was efficient and we were impressed by the work and the clean up was thorough, too. Jeff was very helpful throughout the process."
- "The company was responsive in getting a quote, but then heard nothing for a month. Some people stopped by at end of day on a Friday to ask if they could do the job then, but without the notice, we had made plans and asked for another day. Fast forward three weeks a new crew comes, says they’re going to work and disappear about a half hour later. A quick look out the window shows they didn’t clean the gutters, so we call the company. Fast forward another few days a crew shows up, apologizes for forgetting the gutters, does the work and disappears. No indication they were done or anything. Looking up, it appears there’s still obvious debris hanging out of the gutters at the front of the house and at this point our confidence is shaken. We don’t have long ladders to verify, but if something is obvious from the ground you have to wonder if the job was done thoroughly. Call them again - Paulo apologizes and makes a separate trip out, (doesn’t ring the bell or tell us hes done) and cleans the debris. Paulo was very friendly and did try to make things right, but the lack of communication and the need to have people back multiple times was frustrating. A little extra communication would go a long way. Price was reasonable."