This residential contractor is a GAF Factory-Certified Contractor. GAF trains and tests thousands of the best roofers in the country and makes sure they're appropriately licensed and insured so they can offer the best warranties.
"Very responsive to what I needed. The work was professionally done in a very timely manner. I would highly recommend this business to everyone. Steve Gall"
"Everything about this is a SCAM and a LIE.DO NOT WORK HERE. I was sold on getting $20 an hour and a truck for being a lead laborer. Within a week they SCREWED WITH MY PAY and said it was easier for the secretary (OWNERS MOM) and said I had to use a personal vechicle to commute. After being first on the job EVERYDAY. They're always late, sloppy and dont clean because they no longer have labor because they lie and sub out everything. NO SKILLSET SALES PEOPLE"
"I contacted Saalfeld’s for siding and gutter replacement last year. On our initial exterior walk around I mentioned how unhappy I was with my patio’s hot southern exposure. Shawn, Michael and the team were able to build my roof out for a patio cover that blends seamlessly. It honestly looks like it should have been that way all along. I love it, they did a great job and I am so happy with the results! Absolutely no regrets!"
- "Very responsive to what I needed. The work was professionally done in a very timely manner. I would highly recommend this business to everyone. Steve Gall"
- "Everything about this is a SCAM and a LIE.DO NOT WORK HERE. I was sold on getting $20 an hour and a truck for being a lead laborer. Within a week they SCREWED WITH MY PAY and said it was easier for the secretary (OWNERS MOM) and said I had to use a personal vechicle to commute. After being first on the job EVERYDAY. They're always late, sloppy and dont clean because they no longer have labor because they lie and sub out everything. NO SKILLSET SALES PEOPLE"
- "I contacted Saalfeld’s for siding and gutter replacement last year. On our initial exterior walk around I mentioned how unhappy I was with my patio’s hot southern exposure. Shawn, Michael and the team were able to build my roof out for a patio cover that blends seamlessly. It honestly looks like it should have been that way all along. I love it, they did a great job and I am so happy with the results! Absolutely no regrets!"
- "Excellent response time, prompt, professional....highly recommend."
- "This company was hired to replace the roof on my house by the previous owners insurance company. The first day after they started I came home to find broken beer bottles, as well as empty & full bottles. Several empty beer cans. Trash all over my yard. They trampled almost all of my hostas and all of my tulips and other flowers. I found a hose hooked to my house running water (who knows how long it was on). The workers used my kids' tree swing, my wicker furniture was all dirty and grimey from their use (the cushions were brand new). And I found an obscene amount of nails & shingle tacks everywhere. I expected some but this was a crazy amount. My neighbor caught pictures of them lounging on my front porch & back patio along with our swing. I have a very old bench they were sitting on as well. I have several pictures to back up everything I say. Maybe the owner/manager needs to be present more to watch their workers. The pitch on my roof is very steep and it's a 2 story home. I'd hate to see someone hurt because they were drinking on the job. Even if they weren't on the clock it is very unprofessional to leave things like they did (I realize this was only the 1st day on the job). I just hope when I get home today I don't find the same mess. They also made my oldest move her car out of our 3 stall driveway so they could park their overloaded trash trailer in my driveway.. which left us no room to park since they put it at an angle. They also left all the remainder shingles and osb board (along with other roofing material) sitting on my grass which I am absolutely positive will kill my grass. Terrible terrible service. And what's worse is I won't be compensated for the water/dead plants etc...*** yard was well cleaned up, thanks. I'd like to know why my lightening rods were not replaced. I want my rods back! No one thought to ask me if I wanted them back on and whether you want them on or not I do! Bring them back! Super unprofessional to post someone's address online as apart of your scathing remarks as well. But, that's ok I don't mind. And since I bought the house, making it MY house, the previous owners opinion of your company is a moot point. Does. Not. Matter. He isn't the one your serving now is he. He does not have any say. I will say the yard was cleaned up, I have not seen any nails yet (I have not done a complete walk-through) The roof does look nice. I hope the thing holds up. Bring back and put my lightening rods back and I will remove my 1 star."
- "When a hail storm battered our roof in April, I honestly didn't know where to turn. I saw the Saalfeld commercial on TV and noticed they were doing work in our part of Lincoln. I left a message on their site and was pleased with their prompt service. It was a busy time for many of the roofers so I was amazed that they gave me a realistic quote and started work quickly. They did a fantastic job of communicating with me and my insurance carrier. I was also pleased that when I told them of a pre-existing leak in my roof, they investigated it and repaired it! I can not speak highly enough of all the team at Saalfeld! I would hire them again in an instant."
- "The siding repairs took forever, over a month or perhaps even two months! The company was so slow at getting things done and afterwards there remained unresolved problems. I would not recommend this business because it is not timely or organized and the guys were not completely trustworthy. Here's my tip to everyone: sometimes salesmen can be deceptive and not showing their true colors so be aware of that. Maybe they had too many people on their waiting list but you still have to serve each of them equally and try to plan ahead and figure things out so that the consequences will not be as severe. How disappointing! With all these good reviews from previous customers I expected much better than it actually turned out. At the end of the day, I give you my word that if you hired saafeld construction roofing to do the job you may be regretting it unless they can prove me wrong. Don't say I didn't warn you. So good luck if you go with it but if I were you I would think twice about it."
- "A terrible, dysfunctional business. They hired subcontractors and didn't do the work themselves. The subcontractors left nails everywhere, and did a terrible job. The painters painted unevenly and the siding took forever to finish, and when we were not satisfied with the results, the owner refused to fix them and said he had already done it. The owner also damaged the roofing tiles and refused to fix them. He talks good but doesn't live up to his results. They talked about a warrant that was pretty much nonexistent. Don't hire this terrible business, it will cost you both time and money."
- "Very frustrating experience. They didn't do the work themselves but subcontracted it out without telling us. The subcontractors left beer cans, bottle caps, and cigarette butts in our yard. They left roofing nails all over the patio and driveway. The roof leaked in two different spots. They were dishonest about the gutters being covered already by insurance, which they at this point are not covered for replacement. We also were going to have them do our siding, painting, and a few other jobs. After our experience with the roof we cancelled everything else. They have come out to fix the leaks. As far as the gutters they have assured us they are working to get them covered, but if they aren't they will replace them because the roofers damaged them beyond repair when putting the roof on."
- "Just want to say Mike & Brian are great! They responded quickly even though they were completely busy due to the weather we had been having! They are very professional at Saalfeld and they will go the extra step for their customers. Great job guys i will keep you in mind for the future and I have already started referring others to you! If you ever need our help as well at the law firm, let us know. Nancy S."