This residential contractor is a GAF Factory-Certified Contractor. GAF trains and tests thousands of the best roofers in the country and makes sure they're appropriately licensed and insured so they can offer the best warranties.
"Exceeded Our Expectations%21"
"Customer asked us not to share his/her review."
"We hired McCarter Construction to remove and replace our vinyl siding with James Hardy siding and new gutters. We were completely satisfied with their team from the salesman Sean, to the construction crew and follow up with Tom. They transformed our home in downtown Plymouth to one of the best looking properties around. The quality of workmanship and concern for detail was superior. They kept us informed with schedule and details throughout the whole process. We highly recommend McCarter Construction for what ever your next project will be."
"John McCarter Construction performed 3 services for us. They repaired our wood chimney and part of the wood siding of our house where some boards had rotted. The crew who did the work was professional and did an excellent job with the repair. Once it is repainted, I'm sure we won't be able to tell where the new boards were replaced. The second service was to replace a downspout that was damaged. The crew who did that also did a very good job and did it quickly and left no mess behind. The third service was to seal our wood front door. The painter who did the work was very professional and did a quick, but thorough job. We were very happy with all three jobs and would recommend John McCarter for construction-related work."
"John McCarter Construction was a pleasure wo work with. The really helped our family out by taking on a small vinal siding repair job that I was unable to repair myself. They were easy to work with, affordable, and the gentlemen who came out and repaired my siding were very courteous and friendly. Overall I would recommend them to anyone needing similar work and more."
- "We hired McCarter Construction to remove and replace our vinyl siding with James Hardy siding and new gutters. We were completely satisfied with their team from the salesman Sean, to the construction crew and follow up with Tom. They transformed our home in downtown Plymouth to one of the best looking properties around. The quality of workmanship and concern for detail was superior. They kept us informed with schedule and details throughout the whole process. We highly recommend McCarter Construction for what ever your next project will be."
- "John McCarter Construction performed 3 services for us. They repaired our wood chimney and part of the wood siding of our house where some boards had rotted. The crew who did the work was professional and did an excellent job with the repair. Once it is repainted, I'm sure we won't be able to tell where the new boards were replaced. The second service was to replace a downspout that was damaged. The crew who did that also did a very good job and did it quickly and left no mess behind. The third service was to seal our wood front door. The painter who did the work was very professional and did a quick, but thorough job. We were very happy with all three jobs and would recommend John McCarter for construction-related work."
- "John McCarter Construction was a pleasure wo work with. The really helped our family out by taking on a small vinal siding repair job that I was unable to repair myself. They were easy to work with, affordable, and the gentlemen who came out and repaired my siding were very courteous and friendly. Overall I would recommend them to anyone needing similar work and more."
- "Contacted John McCarter in the need to install Mounting Plates so I could finish installing my security cameras, as well as a leak around a large window. They were pretty flexible with working with my schedule, they got me in as soon as they can due to the leak I was having and I appreciated that. Workers arrived on time. All three brackets installed where I needed them, no issues. However the good feelings leave from there. I work from home and my office directly views the driveway so I can see who comes in and out or around the house. When arriving, they sat in the van for 10-15 minutes and visually I could see one smoking. I could care less that one or both needed to smoke. However I was taking note as I'm not paying for a break as I'm being charged by the HOUR. Greeted by both, they were both friendly, let me know what they would be doing. I provided the mounting brackets to them. After about an hour, I noticed again the same gentlemen smoking again. Let me repeat, I can care less if they need to smoke, but I'm not paying for that time. Then repeat one more time. You can see where I'm getting to here. At the end of all of this, I could count three times where they took anywhere between 5-15 minutes to sit in or near the van and smoke. The way John McCarter charges you is based on "GPS". They see their employees arrive at your home @ "9:05am", that's the start time and @ "1:15pm" they leave, that's the end time. I received the invoice from them while on vacation and noticed the time was completely off where they "accidentally" included their travel time, they corrected it after numerous attempts to contact them. When I received this invoice it was also incorrect because it included all of those SMOKE breaks that they took. So I confronted the office manager and she confirmed that one does smoke but they WOULD NEVER smoke at customers sites...well you just confirmed that one does smoke and I visually watched him smoke three times. Office manager was basically calling me a liar while on speaker phone with my wife. This was after attempting to get her to call me back several times and me trying to get ahold of her while on vacation. No integrity of the workers that were called out. They reluctantly removed the 30-45 minutes from the invoice. I paid and won't bother to use them again. I was given a half baked apology when I asked to talk with the owner. No apology from the office manager. Long winded story that I think its very necessary for those looking to hire this company. I highly advise being home and validating that they do work you've hired them to do. If you catch them smoking or taking breaks, take pictures/videos because that's what John McCarter (office manager) wanted from me."
- "We hired John McCarter Construction to install Hardie Board on the front of our home, repair and paint the trim and gutters on the entire house and install a new front door. In June 2020 we met with Joe D. to outline exactly what work we required. The work order was finalized and signed off in July 2020. Our first program manager came out to review the work order with us in August of 2020. We had an understanding after providing and down payment and agreeing to pay an increase based on a error on the original quote letter we assumed the work would start in late August or Early September 2020. After several attempts to get an update on a project start date the project finally started in late November of 2020. The 2 crews that worked on our home for 2-3 weeks in November were very professional, courteous, all around a great team. The contractor hired to install our front door was just a professional even after the door ordered was the wrong color and had the incorrect hardware. We have had zero issue with any sub-contractor or John McCarter direct workmen that came to work on our project. What McCarter construction lacks is a solid project manager. We bounced around with 2. The first one appeared to be very capable but must have been reassigned. The second project manager was the worst project manager ever. Not only was he rude to me he over promised under delivered for example our New Front Door came in the wrong color with the wrong hardware color. As he was able to address the issue and order a new door once it was delivered 2 months later, he promised he would review the color of the door and that the correct hardware would be included. This did not happen the door was delivered again with the wrong hardware. It then sat in our garage for another 2 months before getting installed only after another email/phone from my husband. I could go on and on. The painters finished up about 2 weeks ago, another great sub-contractor and went above and beyond for our project. As we are happy with the work provided in the future I hope that McCarter Construction can hired project managers that actually manage a project. Greats Sub contractors terrible project management."
- "We had exterior siding and trim replaced/repaired/painted. Quality of work and materials used was outstanding. The teams that completed the work were very professional (on time, polite, cleaned up, etc.). Working with the sales and project management teams was great as well. We always received prompt responses to any questions/concerns we had. Will hire again if needed. Highly recommend!"
- "I used John McCarter for a siding repair. The job was done quickly and efficiently. House looks great and the estimate was right in line with the final cost. Well done and thank you!"
- "I had some rotten wood replaced on my chimney. Kevin and Mike came out and replaced with the pre painted and back primed wood I supplied and were fine with letting me paint the cuts that they made. Friendly polite and professional."
- "This is the place to call. Had doors installed by another company that did a poor job. My screen door ended up falling off because of poor installation. I called John McCarter and they came out and did the job right. They were quick with their response and did an amazing job. They were very nice and extremely friendly. They will always be the first on my list to call with any other construction needs."
- "We recently contracted with John McCarter construction to complete some updates on the exterior of our 20 year old home. The project included window trim replacement and gable trim updates using James Hardie cement board to improve longevity and aesthetics of deteriorating original trim wood, the replacement of the original gutter system and chimney cap, and caulking and painting of the remaining exterior wood trim. We are very happy with insights shared and discussions of project details prior to signing a contract, the quality of the workmanship and professional conduct of personnel, the responsiveness of the office to our questions prior to and during the project, and the time to completion of the first two phases once started. The final phase of painting of the remaining wood trim will wait for the spring. However, we have every confidence that we will be as pleased with the final phase of the project as we have been with the first two. As for cost and value? We have always been firm believers in the saying that "You get what you pay for," and we think with the material selected taken together with the quality of installation, we have confidence that we are well set to surpass the lifetime of original construction materials. For our peace of mind we are happy to pay for what we believe is quality materials and workmanship, and for honest and responsive communication during the entire project."
- "John McCarter Construction installed new Hardie shakes outside our home recently. Sean Mattson did a great job explaining the products and answered all of our questions throughout the process. Bruce Ellis kept us informed on the project and the crew they sent out to complete the job was very professional and courteous. We would recommend them for any home improvement project!"
- "We had gutters dripping over front steps which created a slip hazard in the winter. I really didn't think it was due to clogged gutters, we don't really have big trees next to the house. John McCarter came highly recommended on my NextDoor site. They came out, determined the primary issues was clogged gutters; they cleaned them out and readjusted the drip trim. They were correct, as I no longer have issues with dripping water. They could have told me I needed new gutters, face boards etc, I appreciated their honesty. The office alerted me they were on their way; showed up shortly after and were here about 2 hours. I felt their fee was reasonable. The guys were professional, wore masks even working outside and very pleasant. I would use this company again without hesitation."
- "We hired John McCarter construction to address a problem where woodpeckers had poked holes in the wood at the top of our chimney. The crew arrived on time and did a good job of communicating with me to achieve the desired result. Very professional from the front office as well the salesman and the work crew. I would use them again and would certainly recommend them!"
- "We used John McCarter Construction for a new roof in 2017, new siding in 2018 and window replacement in 2020. We kept going back to them because of the high quality of work and that they stand behind the work 100%. Professional, trustworthy, with excellent customer service. We highly recommend."
- "I had McCater Construction replace an attic gable vent in a very awkward place that most others no-quoted. Scheduling was a bit tricky as it was a small job but everyone from JMC was good to worth with, courteous, and the pricing was pretty good to. I'll be using them again in the future."
- "Excellent service - timely, fair price, and quality work. I’ve used them four times in less than two years for flashing, soffits, siding repairs as I live in a high wind area."
- "Workmanship is top of the line. I had the outside of the house recovered with Hardie board over my 35 year old cedar and wood paneling. I looked at work they did in the area before choosing them. All their jobs looked great but this job was even more "perfect". already 2 neighbors are scheduling with them just because they walked by and saw the job these guys did. Pricing was much lower than another quote I got from a very highly rated contractor. The thing is, Hardy Board is beautiful and durable, but you have to put it on right because it is a "cement board" type product and fastening, tolerances, etc are proprietary and must be adhered to. So go with these guys and you know that stuff will be installed correctly. Oh, yeah, the quote was sufficiently detailed that I knew they would hit their number. I've gotten quotes before for big jobs like this (+20k) and they just show a few numbers. This quote showed how and why they put the numbers where they did and if they went under, they would return both labor and material money, which they did with me."
- "As the job is still is not completely finished at this time, I cannot give a final opinion. But as far as the work that has been done so far I'm overjoyed by the work ethic this crew is showing. The quality is A+ at this point."
- "Very happy with John McCarter Construction. I was told there was quite the long wait list to get services, but because my project was simple I was able to get snuck in after just a few short weeks. I needed one piece of siding repaired before bad weather was going to tear it from the house. I read the other reviews and gave them a call. Glad I did, it's now fixed and only cost me $150. Very much appreciate it. They also sealed a hole I didn't even know about in my siding. If I ever have issues with my siding, I will call them in the future and would recommend them to anyone in South Lyon or the surrounding area."
- "This has been by far the best experience with a contractor in my life. From the salesperson, Sean, to the work crew, Jesse, John, Joe and Billy, to the office staff, Marianne, everyone was professional, courteous and responsive. All our questions were answered along the way, they did exactly what they said they would do, and did all the work in a timely manner. The crew was careful and skillful and the house looks amazing. I highly recommend McCarter for a siding replacement job!"
- "The house that I own has been built 37 years ago. The front of the house had James Hardie fiber-cement stucco siding. During the years panels of the front gable developed mold and needed to be replaced. After searching on the Home Adviser website for contractors to do the repairs I received calls from four companies. They came, made assessments and presented me with their quotes. The company whose bid I've chosen was the McCarter Construction. Their representative gave me a very thorough explanation of the project and their price was the best. I never regretted my choice. They were very open upfront explaining that because of the backlog they had accumulated due to the Covid 19 shutdown it would take some time before they can start working on the project and that I will be kept informed when they were going to start the project. When they started working on the project it was completed by a very efficient crew in no time with very high quality. Finally the painter did a great job matching exactly colors on the rest of the house. All in all I can highly recommend this company."
Awards & Certifications
Training Excellence Award
This award is for contractors that are committed to training and continuous improvement.
Installed Roofs Near You
Find Other Roofing Contractors Nearby
- South Lyon Roofing
- New Hudson Roofing
- Salem Roofing
- Hamburg Twp Roofing
- Northfield Twp Roofing
- Whitmore Lake Roofing
- Hamburg Roofing
- Wixom Roofing
- Crooked Lake Roofing
- Green Oak Twp Roofing
- Brighton Roofing
- Brighton Twp Roofing
- Genoa Twp Roofing
- Milford Roofing
- Milford Twp Roofing
- Northville Township Roofing
- Northvl Twp Roofing
- Novi Roofing