This residential contractor is a GAF Factory-Certified Contractor. GAF trains and tests thousands of the best roofers in the country and makes sure they're appropriately licensed and insured so they can offer the best warranties.
Certifications & Awards
"We recently purchased a home, yard needed to be cleaned up and flower beds mulched and tidied up, driveway graveled, vent replacement on the roof and basement ceiling drywalled. We have more projects that need to be done and John Krause will be the first call. We found them very courtesy, affable and professional. These days it feels like everywhere you turn you get taken advantage of, racked over the coals, services lacking etc, which makes me even more pleased and happy with John Krause, they know what integrity means."
"We used this company to remodel our bathroom and are very happy with how the whole process went. Travis and his team were very responsive and did a great job on the work. I appreciate that they took the time to help us make selections that were affordable and functional. I would definitely hire them again for future projects!"
"We used John Krause Construction to replace two carpeted bedrooms with hardwood and a carpeted lower level with heated tile floor. They did a fabulous job matching the hardwood to what was already in place in the hallway (photo shows color difference due to new wood versus 10 years old). The tile floor exceeded my expectations. The price was fair, the project completed in a timely manner, and the house was left in pristine condition. I would use them again for any future projects. Highly recommended."
- "We recently purchased a home, yard needed to be cleaned up and flower beds mulched and tidied up, driveway graveled, vent replacement on the roof and basement ceiling drywalled. We have more projects that need to be done and John Krause will be the first call. We found them very courtesy, affable and professional. These days it feels like everywhere you turn you get taken advantage of, racked over the coals, services lacking etc, which makes me even more pleased and happy with John Krause, they know what integrity means."
- "We used this company to remodel our bathroom and are very happy with how the whole process went. Travis and his team were very responsive and did a great job on the work. I appreciate that they took the time to help us make selections that were affordable and functional. I would definitely hire them again for future projects!"
- "We used John Krause Construction to replace two carpeted bedrooms with hardwood and a carpeted lower level with heated tile floor. They did a fabulous job matching the hardwood to what was already in place in the hallway (photo shows color difference due to new wood versus 10 years old). The tile floor exceeded my expectations. The price was fair, the project completed in a timely manner, and the house was left in pristine condition. I would use them again for any future projects. Highly recommended."
- "I have a custom home that has custom skylights… I tried TEN different contractors to come and replace a section. Because of the size of the job and the angle of the roof everyone of them turned it down… except Krause Construction. His crew was outstanding! They were able to get it done on time and under budget."
- "Installed retaining wall for us. Work was done well, quickly and per design provided to them. Good communication with the project manager. Very good job!"
- "From the estimate to start of project was less than one week. Workers went above and beyond what was expected to complete the job. They were professional, kind, respectful and diligent. They completed the job in one and a half days. I am so impressed with the performance of both the workers and the staff that I highly recommend this company for all your needs. I will be using this company for all my construction needs in the future."
- "We used John Krause for a decent sized and complex job and were very happy with the results. They removed and replaced an old second story deck with a new, beautifully finished composite deck. They refurbished a heavily water damaged wall and door in preparation for the deck as well as a separate siding job. Lastly, they removed a replaced my homebuilt fence with a solid 6' tall privacy fence. Robert, the project lead, and Ronnie, the onsite rep and deck craftsman were great about communicating the project status. Very pleased with price, financing options, quality, and attention to detail."
- "Everything started off great, the staff was nice and friendly and so was the foreman. Once the I was notified that the team was ready to start my stamped concrete patio, from there is where things became difficult. The concrete team was sporadic on when they would show up and leave. My concrete patio was all messed up from the steps to the stamping. It took over two months for John Krause construction to finally fix everything that was messed up, from over spray on my siding, the steps being completely uneven, double stamped spots all over the patio, and I could go on. Once the job was completed, I had to call to ask if the job was done, about a week after no one showed up. I was given only $500.00 back on a almost $13,000 project. I have debated between 2 and 3 stars, if I could give them 2.5 I would, only because of Sherly, Karen, and Robert the foreman, they were great."
- "Krause Construction just completed installing stairs down to our dock. The stairs go down a steep cliff, required multiple landings and large six by six posts with concrete footers. They obtained all of the necessary and insured the inspections went smoothly. Justin ran the construction team. He and the rest of the team were extremely professional, kept us informed of the progress, and completed the job in a timely manner. They were great and I would hire them again."
- "John Krause arrived at my home 25 minutes late for a scheduled 11 am appointment. Thats not too big of a deal as things happen and I understand. He met me at the door and I asked him if he would like a pair of boot covers or would he rather take his shoes off. He replied, “You want me to take my shoes off to walk around your house?” I replied, “Yes, we do not wear shoes inside of the home.” John replied, “How are we supposed to do work in your home ?” I replied ,” You put drop clothes down. Never mind, I am not interested you can leave.” He then left … ( Keep in mind this is the very first time I am meeting this person ) His attitude and lack of professionalism from the onset was surprising. I take care of my contractors and they take care of me. I can only imagine what would take place if I overlooked this and allowed such a company to work here. What’s even more shocking is he is the OWNER. If that is how the owner behaves what quality training is provided to his team? I immediately called his office and spoke to the secretary and she apologized for the incident but what can you do you when your reporting the owner ? Not too much… stay away from this company and I will spread the world also as well as notify the BBB."
- "My girlfriend and I were looking to get our floors refinished, which was about 300 square feet. He came over to check out our floors while I was at work, so it was just him and my girlfriend. He gave an offensively high estimate without even including his measured square footage - over $4000. Mind you, he himself said that the floors were already in pretty good condition. We ended up getting it done from someone else for literally less than a quarter of the price and are extremely happy with it."
- "After doing much research I hired John Krause Construction for a very large project: Sunroom addition, deck, patio, front hardscape and landscape with design of my entire house and yard! John came out personally and was very honest and his pricing was fair. They did an amazing job taking my vision and making it a reality. The crews were efficient and responsive. I will use them in the future."
- "Daniel and his partner installed new appliances and tile in my kitchen, I had new counter tops installed as well in my kitchen and master bathroom. I also used John Krause for a repair to my shed from water damage again Daniel and his partner did an excellent job for me. Very please with Daniel and his work. I believe Daniel is a sub-contractor for John Krause, but none the less in my opinion he did really good work and communicated with every step of the way."
- "After 30 plus years in the house, I decided it was time to enclose the screen porch. Didn't want a "3-season" room, just to replace the screening and provide a better storage area. After talking to two "porch re-modeling" companies, I contacted Krause construction. John arrived took measurements, discussed my desires, and promised a quick reply with an estimate. Two days later, estimate in hand, I contracted with Krause to do the job. Signed the contract on May 25th, and on June 24th the job was done. I am completely satisfied with the job. It looks excellent, was exactly what I wanted, and the job was done very professionally. John's project manager (James) was on site daily, and supervised the work of the sub they hired to install the vinal siding. Job looks great and is a good addition to the house. They have done work for my daughter (save area) before, and that job was also v done very well. I'll highly recommend them again, if aske, and will use them again if I need other work done."
- "Travis and his team were easy to work with and delivered a high quality remodeling result in our master bathroom, hall bathroom, and 2 bedrooms, all of which turned out exactly as we had envisioned."
- "Horrible service over price with quotes I wanted a built in shelves for my living room they say it would be 10,000. Like that’s what a bathroom would cost... whatever I’ll find someone else"
- "John Krause and team did a fabulous job on our deck/screened in patio! They worked quickly and were professional. Thank you so much!"
- "John Krause construction is the absolute best. These are my go-to guys whenever I need anything . Their work is amazing and beautiful. Right now they are working on my basement and I could not be happier. From the window they put in to the flooring they are putting down to the complete new bathroom there installing and all the pretty tile work.. simply amazing. the communication has been awesome the entire way through. Mr Krause is a very nice man and has gone above and beyond to make sure my family is comfortable during this renovation. he even came in with temporary heaters the day they had to turn the circuit breaker off for our furnace to move it. He is very kind and has a heart of gold his company is top-notch. I would highly recommend them to everyone needing any kind of home repairs. Great job Mr Krause and I look forward to having you do my deck this summer."
- "Worthless. They will not show up. They will give lame reasons why. A one day job will take months. We have another friend having a larger job that should have been done in a week that has taken almost a year and is still not finished. The quality of their work is terrible. The products are not what we wanted. We had to have another contractor come in to redo everything they did. Complete waste of time and money."
- "This contractor is responsive, professional, and on time. We had Mike come out on a Saturday and do some repairs to prepare for the sale of our home. He called in advance to be sure our schedules were aligned. He was prepared, and took the time to explain every step before he did it. We'd highly recommend this contractor to anyone in the Sou MD area looking for professional work to be done in/around their home."
- "We are always extremely satisfied with the work done by John Krause Construction. Their staff and crew/s always go above and beyond on each one of our projects, big or small, they treat us with the same respect. We highly recommend them to all of our friends and will continue to use them for our own projects."
- "Mostly Positive 4 Stars I would recommend them from the good experience that I had with the foreman that was on my site. They built me a roof covered porch with a deck. The people where nice and professional from the office to the field. When they came out to meet with me to go over what I was looking for and what they will do so there were no surprises. The only thing that would of made it easier is that they could have brought samples or booklets of deck board , railing and doors but in the end it came out exactly what I wanted and there were no additional cost. When they started they had a porta john brought out to my site and did all the work out side with out having to come into my house with these times with a pandemic going on. that just made it safer for everyone. They worked hard and picked up and cleaned up everyday. They built a very strong and high quality structure that met and exceed my expectation and it looks great. they fixed most of the little issues that I could find the only other thing that would of made it better would of been a little more communication with reaching out to me with changes in schedule but overall it was a great experience and I am very happy with the out come of the project."
- "John and his team did another amazing job on our new kitchen! This is the third project we’ve had them do for us and we will continue to go back for future projects. We are always extremely impressed with the customer service and the crew’s attention to detail. This is truly a top-notch company that we would recommend for any job."
- "We had an amazing experience with John Krause Construction. We originally called them because our basement kept getting water in it every time it rained. While they were at our house for the basement waterproofing estimate we had them take a look at our deck and kitchen just to get an idea of the pricing. Once we received the estimate we decided to move forward with all of the work because we were able to get a great deal for doing all of the projects at the same time. We are beyond satisfied with the results and will definitely call them again for any future projects."
Find Other Roofing Contractors Nearby
- Lusby Roofing
- Dowell Roofing
- Solomons Roofing
- Patuxent River Roofing
- Patuxent River Naval Air Sta Roofing
- Patuxent Rvr Roofing
- California Roofing
- Saint Leonard Roofing
- St Leonard Roofing
- Broomes Is Roofing
- Broomes Island Roofing
- Hollywood Roofing
- Great Mills Roofing
- Lex Pk Roofing
- Lexington Park Roofing
- Lexington Pk Roofing
- Port Republic Roofing
- Park Hall Roofing