This residential contractor is a GAF Factory-Certified Contractor. GAF trains and tests thousands of the best roofers in the country and makes sure they're appropriately licensed and insured so they can offer the best warranties.
"The electricians that came to my house did an outstanding job. Very neat and proper and everything I had imagined in my head was completed in a timely manor. Would highly recommend Homestar - and for all other services needed in the future ."
"Homestar are brilliant. All the guys are polite and professional and always arrive on time. They completed a kitchen reno for us in 2019, replaced decking railing in 2020 and then completed an en-suite reno for us this year. A.J. is the best tiler around in my opinion! They do an awesome job, listen to what you want and always ask if not sure before doing something. Jeff (project manager) is always on the end of his phone if you need to discuss anything which is reassuring especially when doing big projects. I would highly recommend Mark and his team."
"I had some work done to a drainage ditch on my property. The work was performed as per quote and on time. I was more than pleased with the management and staff. My wife and I --Highly Recommend -- this company and will use them again when needed. Signed Wayne B.McColgan"
- "The electricians that came to my house did an outstanding job. Very neat and proper and everything I had imagined in my head was completed in a timely manor. Would highly recommend Homestar - and for all other services needed in the future ."
- "Homestar are brilliant. All the guys are polite and professional and always arrive on time. They completed a kitchen reno for us in 2019, replaced decking railing in 2020 and then completed an en-suite reno for us this year. A.J. is the best tiler around in my opinion! They do an awesome job, listen to what you want and always ask if not sure before doing something. Jeff (project manager) is always on the end of his phone if you need to discuss anything which is reassuring especially when doing big projects. I would highly recommend Mark and his team."
- "I had some work done to a drainage ditch on my property. The work was performed as per quote and on time. I was more than pleased with the management and staff. My wife and I --Highly Recommend -- this company and will use them again when needed. Signed Wayne B.McColgan"
- "We contracted homestar to close off an end of it and re grade the driveway. This is the same company who built our new deck. The result after a storm is we lost a large section of our driveway to washout. This is the warranty from the contract. " WARRANTY Homestar guarantees all workmanship for two years after project completion. Many project materials (e.g. windows, doors, roofing shingles) come with individual manufacturers warranties extending beyond the one-year period and in the case of defects in these warranted products Homestar will assume the responsibility for dealing with these manufacturers on the client’s behalf as a matter of professional courtesy. Homestar assumes no warranty liability for customer supplied building material." When contacting them, they stared they would not come to fix it, or even get all the dirt off the shoulder of the road. This is poor workmanship of Homestar, yes heavy rains happened but we should not have lost our driveway like this. They state it isn't their fault. This is where our garage was supposed to go, so if it was there and their base washed out, I bet they would say they wouldn't cover it either."
- "Mark and the guys do a great job making it happen at my property. I've been using them for 6 months and am very happy with their performance, attention to detail, and patience with a demanding client. I hired them after being scammed by a shady contractor and now they are my go-to. They may be a bit pricier than your average kijiji guy, but the piece of mind and lack of intervention on my end more than makes up for it. Perfect fit for investors and homeowners who want things done quickly, hassle free, right, and at a fair price. Keep up the great work guys!"
- "I hired Homestar back in November to take care of some on/going issues with my property located at 310 route 820 Upper Loch Lomond. This included eavstrough and water issues around the exterior of the house and in the crawl space. The main problem with the house is the swale that was installed which was to direct the water away from the house is now draining water into my driveway and washing it out. There was no communication expressed to the homeowner prior to having it dug along the length of the house . Every time it rains the water tends to wash across the driveway and will be an issue when I get my driveway paved. There is a lack of communication now with the company as they are keeping an eye on same. I sent a video and pictures to Homestar to show them the issue on Friday when we had a really heavy rain. Our Project Manager was out of the office so another employee came over to have a look and his response to me was with loose gravel this is going to happen so use a rake. I have since contacted our Project Manager and was given the same run around. We were promised they would look at things in the spring. Spring is here and this is the answer I get. Not a happy customer. So this is why I can only give a score of 1 out of 5"
- "Homestar was very flexible and enjoyable to work with. We had them renovate our bathroom. Leading up to the reno, they were accommodating with our requests for changes and while the date had to be pushed due to waiting for product, the project manager, Geoff, always kept me up to date. During the reno, the staff did a great job keeping the work contained to the bathroom and were diligent in the cleaning at the end of each day. I appreciated how well the workers communicated throughout the project. They were quick to correct any touch ups requested. The work was seamless, the prices reasonable and it was the service that would make me want to call them again. Thank you."
- "Very good service with good communication by text as the job was in progress. Did a great job completing the work scope with great attention to details and cost was as estimated. Well done!"
- "We wish to thank the Homestead personnel for their response to our emergency water leak in the ceiling after a huge rain storm. From start to finish the entire project was well-co-ordinated, and professionally carried out. Geoff, the project manager communicated so well and the men who carried out the repairs, both inside and outside were experienced, pleasant, and reliable. Not forgetting Carlos who uninstalled and then re-installed our fan (water had leaked through the fan) so, a shout-out to Ryan, Mitch, Jonathon, Justin, Carlos and Geoff. Highly recommend their expertise anytime."
- "Very pleased with the work completed on deck renovations. The Homestar team members that completed the work were great to deal with and exceeded expectations!"
- "At the very last minute, just prior to departing on vacation, I decided that if I could have the mowing done while I was gone, my return home would be better (and my neighbours might be happy not to have my property look neglected). I requested a quote on the day prior to my departure and got a prompt reply. I visited their office to pay, stopped on the way home for a sub and to gas up and arrived home to find the first cut already had been made! And, it looked great. My thanks to Mark and his team for a great start to my vacation. My the way Mark, the women in your office were also a pleasure to deal with."
- "I can imagine it is a very busy time for Homestar. We called and had someone come do an estimate for putting some fence posts in for us. We didn't hear back about when they would be coming to do the job. We waited for a week or so to call to ask about when they would come do the project because we figured it was busy for them and didn't want to be too much of a bother. We had them come do another fence for us before and they had it done quickly and we were very happy with the result. We were then told 3 separate times that they would come and they were no shows all 3 times. They showed up after we called again on the third day after waiting around for hours. They got the job done, and we were satisfied with the work. Just would have loved a bit more transparency (managing client expectations) so we weren't left waiting for hours and days wondering where they were. We like to think we are patient and understand people, but this part of the experience was disappointing."
- "Homestar has been most reliable and fair for their services over the last 15 years. If Mark Hatfield says he will do something ,it will get done professionally and in a timely fashion. It is always a pleasant experience dealing with people who have a can do attitude. I have watched Mark Hatfields Homestar expand to a substantial business of 90 plus people over the years ....Mark and his team are obviously a success for a good reason . Thank you for your years of diligence !!! Hilary Brock"
Training Excellence Award
This award is for contractors that are committed to training and continuous improvement.
Find Other Roofing Contractors Nearby
- Lakeside Roofing
- Kingston Roofing
- Upper Golden Grove Roofing
- Quispamsis Roofing
- Passekeag Roofing
- Nauwigewauk Roofing
- Long Point Roofing
- French Village Kings Co Roofing
- Damascus Roofing
- Hampton Roofing
- Erbs Cove Roofing
- Darlings Island Roofing
- Baxters Corner Roofing
- Clifton Royal Roofing
- Smithtown Roofing
- Upham Roofing
- Upper Loch Lomond Roofing
- Long Reach Roofing