Daniel Hood Roofing Systems has been protecting homes in Knoxville since 2013! From Daniel's time playing football at the University of Tennessee, he understood the importance of having a great defense! That is why he partnered with GAF to put the highest quality products with the best warranties to defend East Tennesseean's homes.
"From the initial contact to the guy who came and inspected the roof after completion, this company was very professional and helpful. The crew that installed our roof made sure that after they were finished that you couldn’t even tell anyone had been here from how well they cleaned up. I would 100% recommend this roofing company to anyone."
"Asked for a repair estimate on a leaky spot on my roof. Was given an estimate of $200. Sounded good and agreed, but the crew that came back out tried charging $300. They called the original salesperson who probably didn't realize that it was a speakerphone call and I was standing with the workers or he is just that abrasive. In the end the repair was performed for the quoted price. I did recontact them to say the fix did not work and to also ask about a quote for a full roof replacement. The salesperson came back out and gave a quote and was very thorough in explaining the process, but never made any effort to reschedule anyone to fix the failed repair I'd already paid for though both the salesperson and the crew stated multiple times to call if there were any issues. We also had additional structural questions and those were never addressed again either. Big review to say the roof replacement estimate was the highest I've gotten (even from another 1% roofer) and the fix they did didn't work. Nor was it fixed when this was pointed out. I guess that was a $200 lesson not to have anymore work done with this company."
"I needed a small roof repair, three other companies never followed through. Daniel Hood Co. developed a good plan and followed through! The crew did an awesome job and everyone was friendly and helpful."
- "From the initial contact to the guy who came and inspected the roof after completion, this company was very professional and helpful. The crew that installed our roof made sure that after they were finished that you couldn’t even tell anyone had been here from how well they cleaned up. I would 100% recommend this roofing company to anyone."
- "Asked for a repair estimate on a leaky spot on my roof. Was given an estimate of $200. Sounded good and agreed, but the crew that came back out tried charging $300. They called the original salesperson who probably didn't realize that it was a speakerphone call and I was standing with the workers or he is just that abrasive. In the end the repair was performed for the quoted price. I did recontact them to say the fix did not work and to also ask about a quote for a full roof replacement. The salesperson came back out and gave a quote and was very thorough in explaining the process, but never made any effort to reschedule anyone to fix the failed repair I'd already paid for though both the salesperson and the crew stated multiple times to call if there were any issues. We also had additional structural questions and those were never addressed again either. Big review to say the roof replacement estimate was the highest I've gotten (even from another 1% roofer) and the fix they did didn't work. Nor was it fixed when this was pointed out. I guess that was a $200 lesson not to have anymore work done with this company."
- "I needed a small roof repair, three other companies never followed through. Daniel Hood Co. developed a good plan and followed through! The crew did an awesome job and everyone was friendly and helpful."
- "I had some shingles on my ridge cap that blew off from some of the wild wind storms. I had Daniel Hood Roofing Company come look at it, inspect it, and give me an estimate. The quoter was professional and gave me all the options to fix not only my ridge cap but improve other parts of my roof as well. Anyway, they came fixed it within a few hours and did an excellent job! They also gave me a nice military discount, so any company that supports military is a go in my book! Highly recommended."
- "I recommend anyone who's been putting off repairing and upgrading their old, torn up roof. The appraisal they gave me beat everyone else in the county. Save the time and give them a call. Very respectful, very efficient, and very affordable!"
- "DHRS is a must! I was very impressed with how smooth the instillation went from start to finish. Every time I had questions they were always available to help."
- "Cannot say enough great things about this company. I especially loved how they encouraged & wanted my wife to be included in this process as well. She was actually the one who picked out the color for our new roof! Clint & Mason were respectful, professional & made the entire experience stress free. I was also extremely surprised when Daniel Hood knocked on my door to complete the follow up inspection himself! He is a true & honest business owner that cares for his customers. I wont call anyone else but Daniel Hood for any future home improvement projects."
- "I highly recommend Daniel Hood Roofing Systems. I was very impressed with the company from start to finish. From my first phone call with Maggie, to working with Mason, Clint, and Peter for a complete sheathing and roof replacement. Then to the final install of the solar attic fan with Jimmy and his crew. All were very professional and knowledgeable. Mason was great at sharing information about the company, what products they offered, and was available for any questions I had. The owner Daniel Hood personally came out and got on the roof to make sure everything was installed correctly. The crew was efficient and the install was very quick. I was happy that they offered financing. Their follow-up was also impressive. I give Daniel Hood Roofing Systems 5 Stars. I will use them in the future for any needs and recommend them to any family/friends."
- "Amazing company to work with. Everything was on time and exactly what I asked for. Wonderful crew who respected my property and left no mess. Thank you!"
- "Best people I ever worked with. Good quality, Professional, very responsive to your needs and always on time. Love my roof! Such a pleasure to find a company who cares and provides excellent service. Thank you, Daniel, and all your workers."
- "In September 2020 I had a roofing contractor replace the roof on my mom’s house. Just before his one one labor warranty ran out, the roof started leaking. After being told by the original contractor that he would come out he never did so I contacted Daniel Hood Roofing. The lady that answered the phone was very professional and contacted my mom to schedule a day and time to come out. Arron and Daniel Hood came out on the day and time they had scheduled with my mom. I was on vacation in Florida so Arron and Daniel took the time to face time me so I could see what they found wrong. They discovered that every vent boot had exposed nails and that the ridge vents we incorrectly installed leaving the ends open causing the water leaks. They took video of the roof to show exactly what was wrong and explained what they would do to repair it. We approved the repair and the next day it was done not only to our satisfaction but to Daniels expectation. They are very professional, polite and priced right. I will always recommend them to anyone needing a roof repaired or replaced."
- "I am not one for leaving reviews but I just received a roof replacement estimate from Daniel Hood Roofing Systems. Aaron and Clint came out to my home. These guys are the best! I can’t say enough great things about them! First off they were early from the time I was told. Super professional and extremely nice. Walked us through the entire process. Do not do yourself a disservice. Go with the best East Tennessee has, that’s Daniel Hood! Thank you so much gentlemen!"
- "My husband and I chose Daniel Hood Roofing and we were not disappointed! Salesman Clint was extremely thorough, provided us a video of what our roof looked like, presented us with several options, and explained every part from start to finish. The crew was extremely polite, respectful, and clean. There was no mess to clean up after they left at all. Everything that was done was exactly what Clint told us. I would highly recommend Daniel Hood Roofing Systems!"
- "Extremely pleased with how well of a job this company did. From the time I made the appointment to when the crew left after repairing the hole in my roof I experienced nothing less than professional. They will be my go-to business for any future roofing needs. Thank you!"
- "Couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Clint and Rebecca were great and answered any questions I had. Their professionalism and communication is top-notch."
- "Extremely pleased with how well of a job this company did. From the time I called & spoke to the nice lady on the phone to the minute the crew left after repairing the hole in my roof I experienced nothing less than professional. They will be my go-to business for any future roofing needs. Thank you!"
- "Couldn't be happier with Daniel Hood Roofing. I just bought my first home & it desperately needed a new roof & gutters. This company made the entire process a breeze & their turn around time is incredible. I knew nothing about roofs beforehand so I was a little nervous about having to pick styles, colors etc, but the gentleman who came out to my house was extremely educated & answered any questions I had. I highly recommend using this company!!"
- "These folks were amazing! I have never experienced such professionalism in any contracting industry. They explained every detail of the job and made me feel more comfortable and knowledgeable about my job than I thought possible."
- "Great company. Nice, polite estimator & workers. Wonderful job- they went above & beyond. Definitely recommend! Daniel and his people were a pleasure to do business with."
- "They explained everything that needed to be done and showed me pictures of the damage. I was impressed with the salesman Brandon. When they were done I went outside to see how they cleaned up. It was perfect and I would trust them to do work for me again."
- "We contacted Daniel Hood Roofing to discuss a possible roof replacement for our home. James provided outstanding customer service, arriving right on schedule (which we greatly appreciated...as other roofing contractors ignored scheduled appointments or were quite late in arriving). James performed a thorough inspection of our attic and provided detailed information, then went onto the roof for his next inspection. He provided an excellent summary of our roof's condition, followed by one of the best product/logistics/work process briefings I have ever received. Throughout James' visit, Safety was at the forefront of all his activities. James answered all of our questions (including those of our 5 year old grandson, who was most inquisitive) and left us with all of the information we requested. My wife and I were highly impressed with James, and we would highly recommend Daniel Hood Roofing for any and all of your roofing needs. Thank you."
- "Called and was able to get repair scheduled quickly. They came when they said they would and it actually cost less than expected and was done sooner. It was a quality job I appreciated enough to want to share this business with others. Anyone who has had roof work done knows there’s a lot of trust - we aren’t up there with them. So to find a business like Daniel Hood’s that does great work and is responsive and cares means a lot. Fully recommend and endorse!"
- "I went to them due to my roof leaking. They were on time and very polite, they gave me a quote that beat out everyone and got a lot more for your money. I ended up not needing them due to friends showing up and doing it for me. But I would recommend them to anybody needing a roof. Great company."
- "Great experience with total roof replacement. Crew was very fast when it came time to do the work. Entire roof was finished in 3.5 days. (4k sq ft house with 3 roof lines) Daniel was there to answer any questions every step of the way. Work was done just over a year ago and we have had zero issues. Also a good feeling to have a 20 year warranty (that includes labor) should issues pop up down the road. Neighbors all are asking who did it because it looks so great. Highly recommend at least giving Daniel and his team a shot at your business when it comes time for a roof."
- "This company was great the first time around. Then the roof repair began leaking again, which was bad enough, as we'd paid a lot of money for the work. I called back and they sent what appeared to a subcontractor out to look. The person barely said two words to me, climbed on my roof with some caulk, banged around and then left. Didn't tell me what they had found or what they had fixed. Just took off. They also left used caulk tubes on my lawn. And the leak still wasn't fixed! I called yet again and got further run around until they sent another person out to look. This person at least asked questions and took some photos. He promised the company could fix the issue and, as the roof is still under warranty, would not charge me. He promised someone would call to set up the work. No one called. I waited a week and called back, but couldn't get anyone on the phone. I left a message asking for someone to please call me back and fix my roof. I still have not heard back from anyone."
- "I was very satisfied with the service from beginning to end with Daniel Hood Roofing Systems. From the time I met with & got the estimate from Brandon, my job of roof & gutter replacement was started & finished within 7 days. I got 3 estimates from roofing companies but decided to go with Brandon's bid as he treated me more like a friend than just another customer. He was able to present the highest quality options along with more budget friendly options that worked better for me. I appreciate all of their hard work & look forward to working with them on other projects for my house in the future!"
- "Daniel Hood Roofing was working on the roof of our apartment complex. During that time, our vehicle was damaged from some falling material. After reaching out to Daniel Hood Roofing about this issue, they were very prompt and extremely professional about repairing our vehicle. We were provided with a rental car as our vehicle was being repaired. Everything was handled by their secretary Heidi, who was very kind and communicative during the whole experience. All being said, I couldn't recommend Daniel Hood Roofing more as a company and is a prime example of how a business should should handle customer service."
- "Daniel Hood was very responsive, reliable & knowledgeable. He also did an excellent job communicating effectively with the insurance adjuster which helped expedite coverage cooperation. I am so very pleased with the quality and appearance of both the new roof & skylights. Would not hesitate to call Daniel Hood for any future roofing needs and recommend him highly to others."
- "This company is the best I’ve ever dealt with. Work is completed timely and on budget. The owner makes sure the customer is completely satisfied with the results before requesting any payment prior to work completed. Highly professional and knowledgeable about their business and the latest products."
- "Great experience with Daniel and his crew. Came out the same day I called and had the crew on the ground as soon as I gave the green light. Work was well done and the price was great! Would definitely use again."
- "Daniel Hood Roofing Systems exceeded my expectations. After a large storm one evening I woke up to a damaged roof and gutters. My agent, Brandon, was truly a life saver. He was respectful, professional, and patient. He was able to work around my busy schedule and made me feel confident in my decision to use Daniel Hood Roofing Systems. After a thorough inspection we were able to lay out a game plan I was happy with. In the future these guys are my first call, and they should be yours too."
- "I personally know a few of the people on staff at this company and have met the owner, Daniel Hood, as well. Every single person associated with this organization has impeccable professionalism, honesty, integrity, and a desire to truly help you out. This company did my roof inspection for the home I just purchased, and they were fair and honest about what needed to be done and what was still in good shape. It felt so nice to talk to someone so knowledgeable and capable that also didn’t try to swindle me into buying something I didn’t need. I felt comfortable with the representative and inspector that I worked with and also feel great about moving forward with them for services when I need them in the future! I without reservation give Daniel Hood Roofing Company 5 stars and would recommend them to anyone I know and care about. You couldn’t find a better group to work with!"
- "I gave them three stars because I am not unsatisfied with the roof and guttering work. The company is a nightmare. They said it was typically 2 weeks before the work would begin. It was over three months before the roofing job was started. I started the process with Josh. They were to replace the roof, guttering, and ridge vent. He stated the side vents on the house would be covered in the attic to improve upward draw of venting. Next call I got was from Josh saying the material was not available, because of Covid, and would I like a different colored shingle. I said I would wait. 3 weeks later, got a email stating that the product was in. No work for the next 2 months. Got home one day and found the roofing material in the driveway—never received word that the work was starting. Next day the roofers came, wearing jackets from another roofing company. I suspect they were subcontracted, but they did a good installing the shingles (wish I had chosen that company). When they came for their payment, I ask about closing the vents. He said he would check if it was necessary. Three weeks, no more contact from them. Company is not professional and no communication. Thinking about this process, I would not use this company again."
- "We got estimates from other roofers and take it from me - Daniel Hood's staff are the most professional and knowledgeable people in this area. They do an extremely thorough inspection of the roof and walk you through everything. 5 stars is not enough!"
- "In the time that I spent with the staff of Daniel Hood Roofing I was pleasantly presented with well-thought information on their services and my needs as well as a passion to do their jobs well and provide quality work. I love their mission statement as well as their commitment, not only to their work but the community. I felt listened to and never felt pressured to make a decision. I would certainly recommend them to anyone I know."
- "After installation of the roof and guttering, our home is beautiful. We are again proud to call this house our home. A skylight began leaking after the job was finished, but Daniel Hood roofing came quickly to stop the leak. They replaced the skylight soon afterward. We are pleased with the work, the products, and the attention to details. We are especially pleased with the kind treatment by the Daniel Hood company. We now are confident that problems with that part of our home are gone."
- "Daniel Hood Roofing Systems is focused on their customers, and offers only quality to those they serve. They are responsive, hard working, and follow through to ensure work is done properly & to the satisfaction of their customers. Highly recommend to anyone seeking honest & prompt roofing repair or replacement."
- "I’m a retired General Contractor with over 40 years experience in the construction industry and cannot be more pleased with the re-roof of my home completed by Daniel Hood Roofing Systems. They provided me with a solid quote, didn’t request any advance payment before the work was done and installed my roof with complete professionalism. It’s not often that I take the time to write a review but in this case it is completely justified to lend my experience with DHRS."
"Excellent in every way"
- "Excellent in every way"
- "DANIEL HOOD ROOFING"
- "EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS IN EVERY WAY"
- "Customer asked us not to share his/her review."
- "HAPPY BUT"
- "Extremely professional and knowledgeable contractor"
- "DANIEL MADE THIS WORK FOR US."
- "I wish I could go back and have not had my roof replaced."
- "DID NOT MEET EXPECTATIONS"
GAF-Certified Green Roofer
This contractor has committed to recycle shingles from tear offs where available and operate business in an otherwise sustainable manner. Indicates that the contractor is committed to sustainable practices, working to reduce his/her company’s impact on the environment.
Habitat For Humanity Roofer
This contractor has been awarded the GAF Habitat for Humanity's "Community Contractor" designation by participating in at least one Habitat for Humanity project in partnership with GAF in a year. Participation include donating their time and labor (while GAF donates the materials) and demonstrating a commitment to his/her local community and helping those in need. A contractor receives the GAF / Habitat for Humanity "Community Champion" designation when completing at least 5 projects over a rolling 5 year period.
Installation Excellence Award
This award is for contractors that consistently install with a very high level of quality and provide their customers the highest protection that GAF offers.
Consumer Protection Excellence Award
This award recognizes those contractors that best protect their clients with system selling and enhanced warranties.
Training Excellence Award
This award is for contractors that are committed to training and continuous improvement.
Installed Roofs Near You
Find Other Roofing Contractors Nearby
- Plaza Tower Roofing
- Kimberlin Heights Roofing
- Kimberlin Hgt Roofing
- Knoxville Roofing
- Knox Roofing
- Powell Roofing
- Rockford Roofing
- Seymour Roofing
- Louisville Roofing
- Mcghee Tyson Ang Base Roofing
- Mascot Roofing
- Corryton Roofing
- Heiskell Roofing
- Straw Plains Roofing
- Strawberry Plains Roofing
- Alcoa Roofing
- Concord Farragut Roofing
- Farragut Roofing