At Carolina Home Specialists, we offer high-quality home improvement materials and services that will protect and add beauty and functionality to your home. We understand that our customers have many choices in the Triad area when it comes to windows, fencing, gutters, roofing, siding, and decks. However, we started Carolina Home Specialists because, after years of working for some of the best, we believed that we could offer the Triad area something fresh and new: a customer-focused purchase and installation process and dependable customer support even after the installation is complete. Our goal at Carolina Home Specialists is to provide our customers with reliable products, installation, and customer service. That’s why we became a certified installer for GAF,the largest and most respected roofing material manufacturer in the country. This allows us to offer full lifetime material warranties for our customers’ roofing projects. We also offer siding products with a double lifetime warranty that transfers from the current to future homeowner, a great selling point for your home. Lastly, we offer a lifetime warranty on all of our windows. Our co-owner, Tim Ilderton, is a native of the Triad area. In the car business since the 1920s, the Ildertons have built a well-respected and trustworthy reputation in the community. At Carolina Home Specialists, we offer the same dedication to quality, affordability, and customersatisfaction that the Ildertons have valued for almost a century.
"AIMED TO PLEASE"
"My daughter met with Elliott as I was unable to leave work as planned. She was very impressed with him. Elliott was extremely polite and knowledgeable, easy to talk to. My daughter was pleased with the results of the meeting and will be having this company install our new roof."
"They came out very quickly to give me a quote for my roof replacement and were thorough and professional."
"Brad McCauley, contractor for Carolina Home Specialists is the gold standard by which all contractors should be measured. This is the 2nd opportunity I've had to work with Brad and CHS. After a May 2020 storm left my home damaged by a fallen tree I again called Brad McCauley @ CHS to make the necessary repairs to my home. Brad repaired our roof, replaced the carport, fencing, painted and repaired our den and also rebuilt our chimney. Brad was helpful and professional in dealing with my family. I would contact Brad again concerning any future home repairs. Brad embodies a generosity of spirit and kindness. He is a man of highest integrity. When you find yourself in a difficult situation Brad is the help you hope is available."
- "My daughter met with Elliott as I was unable to leave work as planned. She was very impressed with him. Elliott was extremely polite and knowledgeable, easy to talk to. My daughter was pleased with the results of the meeting and will be having this company install our new roof."
- "They came out very quickly to give me a quote for my roof replacement and were thorough and professional."
- "Brad McCauley, contractor for Carolina Home Specialists is the gold standard by which all contractors should be measured. This is the 2nd opportunity I've had to work with Brad and CHS. After a May 2020 storm left my home damaged by a fallen tree I again called Brad McCauley @ CHS to make the necessary repairs to my home. Brad repaired our roof, replaced the carport, fencing, painted and repaired our den and also rebuilt our chimney. Brad was helpful and professional in dealing with my family. I would contact Brad again concerning any future home repairs. Brad embodies a generosity of spirit and kindness. He is a man of highest integrity. When you find yourself in a difficult situation Brad is the help you hope is available."
- "Chris with Carolina Home Specialists was great. Went above and beyond to fix my roof leak. He diagnosed the issue and explained exactly what needed to be done and was back the next morning to make the repairs. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone having roofing issues."
- "While their website says "Free Quote", when I got in touch with them they said that it would cost $70 to come out and give me a quote. This may turn out to be an industry standard, but it certainly starts things off on the wrong foot by promising one thing and then delivering a $70 surprise. Needless to say I'm going to keep shopping around."
- "Other roofers in Greensboro area pay attention to Carolina Home Specialists!! We had tried contacting 6 other roofers in the Greensboro area to help us. We left messages and either did not get a call back or were told they were too busy to take new customers. There loss. Tim and his team were the utmost professional. They came out and assessed our needs. After thoroughly inspecting our roof, they didn't try to scam us by telling us we had hail damage or storm damage like other roofers did to many of our neighbors. They gave us an honest estimate of damages and the cost to fix. We first thought we would only repair the damaged sections of our roof, but Tim made us a competitive offer to replace the entire roof. His team was easy to schedule, easy with whom to work and responsive to our needs. When the workers damaged some of our landscaping, Tim said, "We'll make it right." And, he did. We're completely satisfied, and we will work with Tim and his team again. If you need home repairs and want it done right, the first time, by a team who knows how to deliver excellent customer experience, Carolina Home Specialists is your place to go."
- "After my first review, I was contacted multiple times by several different people from the business including the owner. I was asked to allow them to make good. Though I hesitated I am a man of second chances. Tim contacted me, wanted me to remind him of the job so he could make sure he was quoting the right thing. I did and he sent me a message quote. I ended up allowing them to the do the work not because they were the cheapest but because of the explanation of what needed to be done and how they would do it. The main issue was that I had some leaks and needed some roof repair. I also asked for some gutter guards as well. I was given a date and they showed up promptly. The main guy on site was great and kept me informed of the process. A second crew came to do the gutter guards and they do did a good job and was very quick also. During the roof repair, as the guys were walking, a couple planks were busted which caused more leaks. There was no way the crew would have known this at the time but when I realized it I called Tim back and he scheduled a time to have the crew return. Again they showed up promptly, repaired those areas and was gone in a very quick time. 1st Review- I was supposed to receive two quotes from this company. One for commercial and one for residential. The original set up was the estimator (Tim) would meet me at my residence, get what he needed and the we would go to the commercial property and he would do what he needed to there. When he called, he was closer to the commercial property so I suggested meeting him there first and his persona on the phone let me know that he had no clue we were quoting two jobs. He was very nice and agreed to meet me there. As we met and discussed the need, he seemed very rushed. Come to find out he had another quote to do and a plane to catch after that. I explained the job, showed him pictures but he never went inside or checked out the actual area needing repair. Afterwards we went to my home. Here he did a more thorough inspection and stated he send me quote within 48 hours for both jobs. After 72 hours, I reached out to Tim because I hadn't heard anything and the commercial job was something urgently needed. He told me on two communications that he was working on it and he would have it soon. When I finally got the quote, the price was nearly 8 times what it was quoted by another company. So I passed. As for the residential quote, he told me again I would have it within 48 hours. Well, it's been 2 weeks and I am still waiting... They get two stars only because Tim was nice. I would not recommend this company."
- "Had my roof done in one day. Tim came out to check the work and noticed something and had his crew out there promptly to make sure I was happy. Great honest work at a good price."
- "Highly recommended. Brad and everyone on the team was great from start to finish. Honest and upfront about the repair details and cost. The crew did a great job fixing our leak and even took the time to do a little extra with no additional cost."
Awards & Certifications
Consumer Protection Excellence Award
This award recognizes those contractors that best protect their clients with system selling and enhanced warranties.
Installed Roofs Near You
Find Other Roofing Contractors Nearby
- Greensboro Roofing
- Greensboro Ndc Roofing
- Country Park Acres Roofing
- Guilford Courthouse National Roofing
- Plaza Roofing
- Groomtown Roofing
- Hilltop Roofing
- Sedgefield Roofing
- Forest Oaks Roofing
- South Greensboro Roofing
- Spring Valley Roofing
- Vandalia Roofing
- Friendship Roofing
- Greensboro High Point Winsto Roofing
- Ridgefield Roofing
- Guilford Roofing
- Guilford College Roofing
- Hamtown Roofing