This residential contractor is a GAF Factory-Certified Contractor. GAF trains and tests thousands of the best roofers in the country and makes sure they're appropriately licensed and insured so they can offer the best warranties.
Certifications & Awards
"Worked with Pat from American garage builders, extremely happy with my new 25x30 garage."
"My experience with American garage builders was extremely Pleasant, The day I set up an interview Pat was early and we ironed out the details in about an hour! Pat explain everything very well and in full detail, within three weeks the slab is poured, and the day they built the garage it took one day to build a two car garage! The craftsmanship was excellent, and all the detail work was done very professionally. I just wanted to thank Pat and American garage builders for their excellent workmanship, communication and price! Their price was by far the best !!! I highly recommend them!"
"I highly recommend American Garage Builders, especially Bob Michelini and his crew! They built me a large garage with an attic. I am happy with the quality materials and work and excellent customer service. After talking to a few other garage builders, Bob presented the best solution for building on our sloped lot. He worked with my husband and I on the build, from start to finish, keeping us updated on the process and timelines, and the crew finished building when promised. Bob is a true professional and a pleasure to work with!"
- "Worked with Pat from American garage builders, extremely happy with my new 25x30 garage."
- "My experience with American garage builders was extremely Pleasant, The day I set up an interview Pat was early and we ironed out the details in about an hour! Pat explain everything very well and in full detail, within three weeks the slab is poured, and the day they built the garage it took one day to build a two car garage! The craftsmanship was excellent, and all the detail work was done very professionally. I just wanted to thank Pat and American garage builders for their excellent workmanship, communication and price! Their price was by far the best !!! I highly recommend them!"
- "I highly recommend American Garage Builders, especially Bob Michelini and his crew! They built me a large garage with an attic. I am happy with the quality materials and work and excellent customer service. After talking to a few other garage builders, Bob presented the best solution for building on our sloped lot. He worked with my husband and I on the build, from start to finish, keeping us updated on the process and timelines, and the crew finished building when promised. Bob is a true professional and a pleasure to work with!"
- "Great experience with these fellows. Only took a few months start to finish without any delays. Tom was excellent about staying in touch about supply considerations (c19 has had a big impact on prices and timing) and was very communicative about timelines as they were able to plan. They were flexible with my own changes as they came up. Top marks, I doubt I'll need another garage but if I did I'd go with AGB again."
- "American Garage Builders are top notch. The foreman, Tom Lamberson, is great to work with. They built a 24’ x 26’ garage and I am very satisfied with their work. From the extensive concrete work to the shingles on the roof. I highly recommend American Garage Builders."
- "Back in March 2021 I called several businesses as we were moving to Lake Geneva and needed a garage built. Scott called us. After speaking with him and other garage builders we decided to go with American Garage builders out of Sun Prairie, WI. After 4 long months and actually moving into our new home still no garage and no closer to building. In the beginning Scott was more involved when it came time for the money and signing the contract. Any time we were asked for money, scheduling Diggers.com, electricians, 2 extra Platts of survey, we did so immediately as to move the process along. Then we waited and waited. Scott blamed the permits and in some rights justifiable. I was in contact with the town and well not all their fault as I found out. I then had to be the one to contact Scott. Once again no change. Still waiting on permits. Found out later He actually delayed a full month calling a cement contractor! That was the one thing that was delaying the build! The contractor Gary, from Tennesee Cement, was suppose to come and blew us off five times! Claims he was there on one of the five days but he lied. We were home all day that day, working out back and no one came. We can see the street and parking pad from our yard. Plus two dogs in the house that never barked is a pretty good indicator Gary NEVER came. When he finally did come I mentioned that I felt "he did not respect our time" and I was dumb founded at his reaction. No apologies but instead he started yelling at me, walking away and said he did not need this job! I said good as we did not need an unreliable contractor. He claims his wife was in the hospital for the last four days. This had nothing to do with us. No one ever said anything to us either. Scott as always was clueless. We also doubt that statement was true. He was just trying to get the upper hand and to justify his unreliable actions.. We have been very understanding, and flexible through this whole process. We were definitely not treated the same! The garage building was becoming the running joke amongst our family and friends. The best thing we did was cancel the contract. Tony the owner actually called at my request and agreed to a refund. The only good thing that American Garage Builders did! We now are going to be working with a real contractor and though no garage till spring it's sure nice working with a professional. Here's the thing Tony Young, If this job was done professionally you would not have had to spend the time convincing me on the phone on how wonderful you and your company is! Word of mouth from happy customers is all you needed!Who were you trying to convince? How was your big meeting with Scott? I am sure it never took place, like our garage build!"
- "Great company! Always answered my questions with a smile and very knowledgeable of their craft."
- "I had American Garage Builders build my 2 car garage. The quality of the product is very good. The service not so good. They builder broke the side light to my house bringing in materials to the build site. They did not offer to pay for or fix the side light. They promised the project would be finished in 1 to 2 days tops and that did not happen. I had to wait an additional 3 weeks after the build was supposed to be finished to get the garage door and opener. I would not use American Garage Builders again for any reason."
- "American Garage: Tom Lamberson owner, quoted us a bid on our garage as did 5 other builders. We took American Garage in the fall of 2019, this was the fall when we had torrential rains and then snow on top of the leaves. Everyone was behind, then winter came. Tom told us we were first on the list in the spring of 20. We needed ours torn down, taken away, new cement and rebuilt. Spring came, Covid hit, and this man still kept his sense of humor as did we. It's called life. Well he did build us our garage in May of 20 and we love it. It's the best looking garage on the street. I cannot say enough about his services from cement work, to construction, to getting the permits to inspection. It was outstanding and worth the wait. Do not hesitate to hire this company to do work for you."
- "For the most part, building my garage went okay. Many of the sub contractors were very good. The stars are lost on warranty work. I had upgraded my garage siding to cement siding that gets caulked to trim. I had caulk separate from the trim It took a long time to get a response. The owner did come out to see the problem and agreed to fix it. They forgot to come out to do the work. I had to remind them. When the rework was done, it was poor. They use the wrong type and color of caulk with an unskilled application. The fix just made the problem worse. They refused to fix it. I had to have another contractor redo all the caulk on by garage at my expense. I would not recommend American Garage builders. Maybe they be okay with vinyl siding."
- "Building a garage during a pandemic is challenging, and I made my garage build even more challenging because I wanted a large two story garage with cedar siding and larger than standard size doors. American Garage Builders took all of it in stride and found solutions to all of the challenges. Bob Michelini worked with me from the initial sale all of the way through the final build process. He did a great job of keeping me informed of progress and found creative solutions for the various hurdles we faced. I'd highly recommend American and Bob if you are in the market for a new garage."
- "My son was very happy with his garage and so advised me to also use American Garage Builders. My husband and I have been in our house, built in 1857, for thirty years. To say we were impressed with both the company and our representative, Roy Averill, is an understatement. Everything went as clockwork, we now have a quality garage, and believe it or not, the work was finished when promised. If you want a garage, this is the company to hire!!!"
- "Although I don’t leave a lot of reviews, I have to write one today to share how our entire garage building experience was so smooth and easy with Roy Averill. From start to finish, Roy always got right back to me with all the questions I had and graciously resolved any of my concerns. He gave me the impression he truly wanted me to be happy with it. To me, his attentive customer service skills (along with a lifetime warranty) seems a rare combination to find with any product these days. I would definitely recommend American Garage Builders. Every sub contractor they sent out from the concrete guys to the electrician were also top of the line, just like Roy. This garage they made is so awesome I may now have to buy a nicer car to match or deserve such a nice garage! I am very pleased with our new garage and will continue to compliment American Garage Builders and highly recommend working with Roy Averill. Thank you, Kate Blankenheim Milwaukee, Wisconsin Sept 26, 2020"
- "We had our garage built by American garage builders. We had the honor of working with Paul. He has a extensive background in construction. He helped us with choices from top to bottom. Truly honest, hardworking company. Amazing work on our garage and driveway. He has the best crews. Never seen such hardworkers ever. Everything was explained clearly to us. No hidden fees. Everything done when said would be done. Paul took care of everything from permits to lot line, etc. Affordable for families. 5 star service at a very reasonable competitive price. We had many quotes. Best products used all around. All work checked and inspected by Paul. We are happy to know our garage will last for decades and guaranteed. So happy we picked them. Thank you for building our dream garage!"
- "American Garage Builders is a very good company that delivers an excellent finished product. As with any sizable building project, there has to be a project manager to coordinate with contractors to get the project completed. My project was in Greenfield, WI and expertly managed by Roy Averill who got the project done very well, on schedule and worked through weather challenges in March and April of 2020. I would recommend American Garage builders to anyone who wants a firm price and knowledgeable people doing the job."
Find Other Roofing Contractors Nearby
- Sun Prairie Roofing
- Lake Windsor Roofing
- Windsor Roofing
- Maple Bluff Roofing
- Cottage Grove Roofing
- Marshall Roofing
- Morrisonville Roofing
- Monona Grove Roofing
- Monona Roofing
- Madison Roofing
- Waunakee Roofing
- Westport Roofing
- Deerfield Roofing
- Arlington Roofing
- Mc Farland Roofing
- Waterloo Roofing
- Middleton Roofing
- Shorewood Hills Roofing