This residential contractor is a GAF Factory-Certified Contractor. GAF trains and tests thousands of the best roofers in the country and makes sure they're appropriately licensed and insured so they can offer the best warranties.
Certifications & Awards
"I removed this review because the owner went off on my friend . How low can you get. Maybe you should reevaluate the kind of service you give and how you treat people ..."
"The staff is wonderful and I would recommend Gem State Roofing to anyone!"
"Superb ownership. Very ethical and fair."
- "I removed this review because the owner went off on my friend . How low can you get. Maybe you should reevaluate the kind of service you give and how you treat people ..."
- "The staff is wonderful and I would recommend Gem State Roofing to anyone!"
- "Superb ownership. Very ethical and fair."
- "Excellent service. These folks know what they're doing."
- "Due to the rain we had this spring we discovered that we had a leak in our rooftop balcony. We hired Gem State to repair the old membrane and install a newer tougher material over the top. We had major issues with the company and were extremely disappointed in their professionalism. Reason 1: Poor Time Management The original bid quoted the project to be completed in three days. The actual time it took to complete our project was closer to three months. First there was a delay in ordering a part, then there was a delay because the crew moved on to a new project, then there was a delay because the owner was out of time, and in general their communication was terrible. Reason 2: Terrible Communication The office manager failed to communicate with us constantly, we would wake up thinking the roof crew was coming to the house and when they never showed up it was up to us to call and find out why. We had to call to see when the part would arrive, we had to call multiple times to get the crew back out to finish the job, we had to call because the work was unsatisfactory (multiple times). It was on us every time to call, she never reached out to provide us with information. She failed at the most basic level of her job, customer service. We got the excuse that it was COVID's fault that they were behind; however that becomes a little tough to believe when it took 3 months to complete the project and COVID doesn't actually someone's ability to communicate or have good customer service Reason 3: Poor work quality We went with Gem State Roofing because they had experience in the type of roof we need and promised on the bid that they would fix it so there would be no standing water on our balcony. Well, this never actually happened because we still in fact have standing water on our balcony. We were told that if we wanted them to fix it (and therefore actually complete their contractual promise) we would have to pay them more money on top of the large amount of money we already paid them. We now have to live with an ugly stain from standing water on our new expensive balcony because they actually did not do their job. Reason 4: Destruction of Property During the repair process one of the workers had to cut into the door leading on to the deck and ended up doing a pretty bad number on the door frame. I had someone not associated with the company come out and take a look and he basically said they used the wrong tool and did unnecessary damage to the frame. We complained and they sent someone out to repair the door frame, which caused further delay and irritation to the project. Reason 4: Terrible customer service Throughout the entire process the customer service from the main office was terrible, there was a lack of communication, lack of care at our inconvenience, and while we made our concerns and irritations known the main office failed to do anything about it. In the end we received an acknowledgment and a weak apology for what we went through but still ended up paying full price for our balcony to not be entirely fixed with multiple contractual promises broken. The project was started in July. We finally called the project quits at the end of September we paid our final half of the project on September 24th after multiple attempts of trying to get the drainage fixed until they told us they would have to charge us more in order to get it to drink completely or we would have to live with the standing water In summary, you would get better customer service and value from another company. I would not recommend this company to anyone, for any reason."
- "I needed some work done on the home we are selling and I was very happy with the professionalism and service! Kerri in the office was excellent and the work was done efficiently. Thank you!"
- "The office employed where exstreamly friendly well mannered so was the crew. But the ower had no idea about the company he. Owned and was a poor leader. A poor leader will make a company poor"