- The Forum is an addition to the 105-year-old limestone Marvin Hall, a classroom and studio building on the campus of the University of Kansas. The Forum contains a commons and lecture hall where students and faculty gather to learn and exchange ideas.
- Choosing materials that would enable the roof to carry a large photo-voltaic array without worry that it wouldn’t remain watertight. It needed to be durable and have a high solar reflectance to mitigate the heat-island effect.
- Studio 804 is a design/build program for students enrolled in the School of Architecture, Design, and Planning. They designed and constructed The Forum in its entirety. They needed materials that could easily be applied to their ideas and that were cost effective and industry driven.
- GAF provided the EverGuard® Freedom™ TPO 60 mil Membrane with RapidSeam™ Technology for the project. EverGuard® Freedom™ gave the students a trouble-free installation including around the drains, parapets, photovoltaics, and even a weather station.
- The Forum is LEED® -Platinum certification qualified with a durable, economical, and easy-to-install roofing system.