- Lakewood Cemetery is a historic landmark that was founded in 1871. Set on more than 250 acres of park-like grounds, it provides memorials and cremation options for the community. The new Garden Mausoleum provides burial space for over 10,000 people.
- Lakewood Cemetery needed to build a new mausoleum that would be modern, last a lifetime, and meet the cemetery’s need for more space.
- GAF provided EverGuard® TPO 60 mil gray membrane for the upper roof of the mausoleum. This was the same product previously used in the roof replacement on their administration building.
- The EverGuard® TPO was attached over tapered ISO and 5⁄8" gypsum cover board using a RhinoBond® attachment system.
- They needed a roofing product that was easy to use, included a membrane to help conserve energy, and was high quality to ensure durability and long-range success. Since they wanted to get the most life out of the material, it was necessary that the product be enduring, weather resistant, and cost effective.
- The architect included walkable green spaces on the roof of the lower buildings to give visitors the feeling of a connection to their natural surroundings.