- On May 4, 2007, Greensburg, Kansas, was hit by an EF5 tornado that destroyed everything in a 1.7-mile path.
- One of the many buildings destroyed was the Kiowa County Library and Historical Museum, which was to be reconstructed as the Kiowa County Commons.
- The town passed a resolution stating that all future municipal buildings of more than 4,000 square feet would be built to meet the U.S. Green Building Council’s prestigious LEED® Platinum designation.
- Roofing components included a vegetative roof system using native vegetation and roof-mounted photovoltaic cells to serve as a renewable energy component by providing electrical power from solar generation.
- EverGuard Extreme® TPO was selected to be used beneath the BIPV system at Kiowa County Commons; BIPV can create temperatures as high as 190°F on adjacent roofing surfaces, and EverGuard Extreme® is the only TPO designed to handle these extreme temperatures.
- EverGuard Extreme® uses proprietary stabilizers and UV absorbers to achieve weathering performance far beyond current standards.
- EverGuard Extreme® TPO can be used to comply with Title 24 roofing product requirements and is ENERGY STAR® certified; the reflectivity on EverGuard Extreme® TPO is even higher than the standard GAF white TPO sheet, improving what has already proven to be a "cool- roofing" product.
- This high-performance, long-term roofing solution is guaranteed up to 35 years – the best guarantee in the industry.