- Founded in 1960 in Concord, NC, Shoe Show, Inc., is the largest independent shoe retailer in the country, with 1,114 locations in 36 states. Shoe Show, Inc.’s success is based on providing quality products, service, and value. They have maintained this success through technological advances and operating efficiencies, becoming a pioneer in developing sustainable procedures in house and in their stores. Shoe Show, Inc.’s commitment to sustainability is evident in their investment in solar power and water-based, renewable cool-roof technology.
- When HydroStop™ was approached with this project, one third of the one million square feet of roof already had the solar panels installed over the existing eight-year-old single-ply roof. The remaining two-thirds of the roof had a 12-year-old single-ply roof in place. The building owners knew they needed to install a sustainable roof system before they invested millions of dollars in 25-year solar panels.
- The HydroStop™ PremiumCoat® System was the only roofing system that made sense in the situation. With HydroStop™ PremiumCoat®, after its initial life cycle (10, 15, or 20 years, depending on mil thickness at initial installation), they would be able to re-coat around the pedestals the solar panels sit on—without having to remove the solar units from the roof.
- The HydroStop™ PremiumCoat® System goes hand-in-hand with rooftop solar arrays. Think about it: before you install thousands of solar panels on your roof, you want to make sure the roof beneath those panels has a long lifespan. Repairing or replacing a traditional roof would require costly disassembly and reassembly of any photovoltaic system that’s in place. The HydroStop™ PremiumCoat® System offers cool-roof technology that is economical, environmentally safe, and extremely durable. The HydroStop™ PremiumCoat® System is truly sustainable; once the system is applied, expensive roof removal and disposal are never again required.
- Shoe Show’s 5.2 MW photovoltaic (PV) array atop their corporate office and distribution center in Concord, NC, can generate enough electricity to fully power over 600 homes, and is the equivalent of reducing 10,271,000 lb. of carbon dioxide annually. This is the largest photovoltaic rooftop system of its kind in North Carolina. Shoe Show, Inc., was so impressed with The HydroStop™ PremiumCoat® System, they chose to reroof their 87,000-square-foot service center as well.
• HydroStop™ PremiumCoat® System over existing TPO